Tennessee Edge Byron Young

Gamecocks DT Zacch Pickens

Rice Edge Ikenna Enechukwu

Mizzou Edge Isaiah McGuire

Houston S Gervarrius Owens

USC defensive back Mekhi Blackmon

OregonSt DB Alex Austin

Iowa CB Riley Moss

at or before the combine according to various reports in Twitter.

So is it an understatement to say we are focusing on defense

8 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

So is it an understatement to say we are focusing on defense

We are losing a ton of depth on defense so makes sense. Offense there ain't that many 53-man spots up for grabs and the ones that are are more likely to be filled with resignings or FA's i feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

We are losing a ton of depth on defense so makes sense. Offense there ain't that many 53-man spots up for grabs and the ones that are are more likely to be filled with resignings or FA's i feel.

Yeah going off my own personal depth chart, I have 5 or 6 53-man spots open on the offense. On the defensive side of the ball, I have 11 roster locks. 

There's definitely going to be more focus on the defense in FA and the draft this year. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah going off my own personal depth chart, I have 5 or 6 53-man spots open on the offense. On the defensive side of the ball, I have 11 roster locks. 

There's definitely going to be more focus on the defense in FA and the draft this year. 

I actually did an article on who I think are locks to make the team right now.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/02/28/an-early-look-at-what-players-should-make-the-2023-roster/

I have 17 on offense as locks, including Jauan & McKivitz, even though they're not signed, then on defense/special teams I have 16, including Pepper & Wishnowsky.

17 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I actually did an article on who I think are locks to make the team right now.

https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/02/28/an-early-look-at-what-players-should-make-the-2023-roster/

I have 17 on offense as locks, including Jauan & McKivitz, even though they're not signed, then on defense/special teams I have 16, including Pepper & Wishnowsky.

Yeah i think the only one i would say isn't a 100% lock to me is Davis and i have the chance TDP and Woerner make it as higher than any of the defensive guys you named there.

But just based on that you basically have a 3rd QB(which probably will be a vet vs late pick battle), 4th RB (UDFA or late round to battle Mason and TDP), 5th/6th WR(battle with Gray and McCloud) and then i can see two TE's brought in to battle Woerner. Finally can see us grab developmental OT's after we picked up a bunch of inside guys the last two drafts in Banks, Burford, Zakelj and Poe. But for the defense we have pretty clear opporunities for guys to even earn playing time on basically every level.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah i think the only one i would say isn't a 100% lock to me is Davis and i have the chance TDP and Woerner make it as higher than any of the defensive guys you named there.

But just based on that you basically have a 3rd QB(which probably will be a vet vs late pick battle), 4th RB (UDFA or late round to battle Mason and TDP), 5th/6th WR(battle with Gray and McCloud) and then i can see two TE's brought in to battle Woerner. Finally can see us grab developmental OT's after we picked up a bunch of inside guys the last two drafts in Banks, Burford, Zakelj and Poe. But for the defense we have pretty clear opporunities for guys to even earn playing time on basically every level.

I just think with Davis being the only NT on the roster, plus being so hyped by Lynch, he makes it, but this can change, and likely will.

I like Poe, McCrary-Ball, and Knight as guys to make the 53, excited to see Zakelj & Poe battle for potential C job.

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

I just think with Davis being the only NT on the roster, plus being so hyped by Lynch, he makes it, but this can change, and likely will.

I like Poe, McCrary-Ball, and Knight as guys to make the 53, excited to see Zakelj & Poe battle for potential C job.

I really don't see Davis as a NT but I'll let it play it out.