2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Time table of 6 months from 3/10 is week 1, if all goes well. 

And there is no ramp up time either....he can basically start throwing in month 4, so by the time he is cleared to play, he will have been throwing for a while. I don't think he'll be the starter week 1 but I think that there is an outside chance still. 

If the doctor changes  it to the hybrid surgery when he's actually in there. My understanding is that it adds about a month of recovery time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Time table of 6 months from 3/10 is week 1, if all goes well. 

So, he'd be cleared to throw in early June. So does that mean he could take part in training camp after building his arm up a bit in June and July? Maybe just not play in pre-season, but still practice in training camp?

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So, he'd be cleared to throw in early June. So does that mean he could take part in training camp after building his arm up a bit in June and July? Maybe just not play in pre-season, but still practice in training camp?

It be the Jimmy experience throwing on the back field haha 😂 

5 hours ago, GW21 said:

I just don't see it. Hoyer is going into his age 38 season and has never really been very good imo. I'd rather take a QB in the mid to late rounds, try to develop him, and pray that he doesn't have to play. 

We have Griese as our QB coach, a guy that has played in the NFL in a starting role and as a backup, if you are looking at this from the mentorship angle. 

Hoyer can be on the PS and get elevated on gamedays. Especially if they implement an emergency QB role. He can be that QB and essentially be QB4. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

LOL 

This whole thing cracks me up. 

I can't read that article (paywall), but this Rob Guerrera definitely seems like a Lance hater. I'm not ready to write Trey off personally. I think he has shown flashes and am happy we are likely going to get a chance to see him next year for a couple weeks at least. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Hoyer can be on the PS and get elevated on gamedays. Especially if they implement an emergency QB role. He can be that QB and essentially be QB4. 

I'm not going to cry about it if he's our PS QB, but I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Hoyer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'm not going to cry about it if he's our PS QB, but I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Hoyer. 

Yes, I am saying he could be on the PS. Otherwise, I am with you. Not an efficient use of roster space.