BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

I'm just kind of in stunned disbelief. He's a guy that I've never had a single negative interaction with, and that speaks volumes about him. I'll miss his banter, sense of humor, Desus gifs, gameplanning, and occasional PM's with a lot of unique perceptive ability.

My wife came out this morning at 6:00 AM as I was getting ready for work and immediately asked "What's wrong???"

Not really sure how to quantify it, and I didn't know him half as well as most of you.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 14

If someone figures out flowers or a donation that we can make in his name or for his family, let me know. I'll do whatever I can, but I'll need to navigate Venmo, because my wife has that.

Just seeing his face and probably assuming we are/were the same age and thinking of how much he loved his daughter just really hits home...going to go home and hug my family just a little tighter today...just got done reading through Discord and teared up a bit seeing Mrs. JLash's posts and I'm sorry I missed her with work.

• Like 8

When Scoundrel contacted me and told me this is this really hit hard. Most of you know what I do for a living and as someone who spends most of their time alone and frankly a large amount of time could go by before anyone knew something had happened to me, this really f'd me up. I know that the circumstances are completely different than what I am referring to But in the last 12 hours I have really been thinking about what I would feel if something happened to me And my wife and children were left behind. Joe's children are probably about the same age as mine. I simply do not have the words to quantify how I feel imagining it, so I cannot even begin to fathom what is wife and children are experiencing right now. What I do know is life is extremely fragile, If we are to take anything from this it should be that we should not take our friendships and our families for granted. In a blink of an eye it can all be gone. Joe was very supportive of me despite my struggles. In fact many of you were. I didn't know him anywhere near as well as a lot of you have, but this one stings.

I need you all to know that no matter what differences we have had in the past. I've got nothing but love for every single one of you.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 13

So weird,  I never once met lasher… but it feels I like lost a brother.    Can’t even imagine what it feels like for everyone that has known his since wf.   Prayers to the family, but also for Rags, blue, md4l, etc.. don’t want to leave anyone out but reach out if you need to. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 9

At some point I’d like to go through our league and say some things I appreciate about each of you. It’s something that I’ve thought about over the past couple of days, that too often we go through life not saying these things while our loved ones are here and then do so after they’re gone. A week before my dad died he told me “I’m proud of you and the man you’ve become.”

That has gotten me through some incredibly difficult times and I regret not telling him and others what I’ve appreciated about them.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

For those in the discord, I realize there's a lot of random people popping in. We've been reaching out to folks who knew lash to give us all a place to talk. We will likely need to start a new bdl discord as he was the admin of the current one 

I can make a new one if y’all want and give moderator powers to the BDL commission structure or whatever 

Just saw the news today, absolutely heartbreaking. Can't say I knew Jlash or even remember interacting with him on this forum other than maybe a mafia game or two, but this seems to hit so close to home. It really puts things in perspective and makes you not want to take even a simple interaction on an internet forum for granted. Thoughts are with his family and all of you in here. Nothing but love for all of you.

• Like 6

Wow. That's devastating. He deserved every blessing he had in life, a really amazing dude. Praying for his family and friends.

Love ya g looking forward to our first friendship bowl in the next life.

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 10