Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

15 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

it's hard to say. but if he can do what he's doing now, going long stretches of time without a turnover and running a very efficient short-to-medium game, then the flaws in his game sure seem a lot easier to accept. The way he's playing now, he can win if the Lions improve their overall roster and the defense.

I can say that I'm more than OK with the Lions not drafting a QB high this coming year, though I'd like them to take a shot at a later round guy to upgrade their backup and maybe find a future starter.

That's fair. Top three QBs are probably gone by the Rams pick, but it's a great draft to get a DL like Carter or an Edge like Murphy.

I hope the Rams win tomorrow though so we can have a real playoff game tomorrow night

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:
5 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Win or lose, playoffs or no playoffs, the Lions have to make this a game about the future.

The Lions are the youngest team in the league and have taken some great strides. This is the time for them to put an exclamation point on their season and let the Packers know that from now on, when you see Detroit on that schedule, home or away, you got a tough day coming.

What all Lions players and fans want to see, is Lions-Packers become like Steelers-Ravens or Cowboys-Eagles. A real rivalry. Teams who don't like each other, but respect that they have to put that extra effort in when their weeks to play come around.

So yes it'll be great if the Rams win and the game is for a playoff spot for both teams. But it doesn't matter if it isn't. It also matters less if the Lions win, as it does that they come out there and whoop some Packers' ***** and let em know you can expect more of this for the foreseeable future.

Expand  

Oh great, now this twit takes over for the NOFLYZONE guy.  Honestly, do Packer fans go onto the next opponents forum and spew idiocy?  

I have no issue with what superman posted 

This game is big for the lions, and i actually dont want to face them ig they have nothing to lose

I want the playoff pressure on both teams, so see whose mettle is best

8 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I was only trying to say, the Lions have plenty to play for even if they're eliminated by game time. And that they can achieve some of their goal even if they don't win.

Yah, my bad.  I had enough of Noflyzone and really didn't take enough thought into your post was really about.  Not a good take on my part.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I have no issue with what superman posted 

This game is big for the lions, and i actually dont want to face them ig they have nothing to lose

I want the playoff pressure on both teams, so see whose mettle is best

Take both teams into the deep water and find out who can't swim?

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Made the trip from Cleveland to get this Dub. Ready to freeze my *** off. Let's go!

Probably mid 20s with a little wind.  Could be much worse on a January night but stay warm and get loud on defense!  I don’t have any expectations but hope we come out swinging and don’t let up. 

32 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

323687611_931381347795273_14869757499435

I got this bad boy cooking all day to have my house smell of delicious chili in preparation for tonight's game. I'm pumped for this game. Go Pack Go! 

That's that thick chili, I can eat bowl after bowl of that stuff.  Throw some shredded cheese in each bowl.  That's money!!! 👍

• Like 1