Official 2024 QB Thread

Danger

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Shedeur if he keeps it up again the elite competition he could go 1st round no question, but he has Oregon, USC then two weeks of ASU and Stanford then UCLA, Oregon State, Arizona, Washington State and Utah.  That is 7 pretty hard games out of 9 so really doubt he does great in that stretch but we will see.

Yep. He's gonna come crashing back down to reality. It's not to say he won't be good, but this idea that he's "HIM" after 2 good games is a bit absurd. Oregon's defense is going to be a huge test. I doubt he has a lot of success against them, but if he does, I may change my tune.

10 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yep. He's gonna come crashing back down to reality. It's not to say he won't be good, but this idea that he's "HIM" after 2 good games is a bit absurd. Oregon's defense is going to be a huge test. I doubt he has a lot of success against them, but if he does, I may change my tune.

Yeah I think a lot of college football is annoyed by the attention Colorado is getting.  If they think Colorado State was chippy, just wait till they see what the rest are like.  It is insane the attention Deion and Colorado is getting, they might be crashing down to earth real soon.  They could have easily lost to TCU in that 1st game and same with Colorado State last week....but they are talked about as if they are National Title contenders considering the attention they are getting.

I do find it odd, Deion gets all this attention as being this awesome coach making change, but it was funny on 60 minutes he said his work was done at Jackson State and they were successful (even though they lost their last game both seasons)...total bull, the program is not on solid footing and is currently 2-2 and no way they are getting the financial support they got when Deion was the coach much less the recruits.  If really want to change the sport being at Jackson State was way more impactful and changing than than going to change Colorado a Power 5 program with a bunch of rich kids at the school and 1% African American student body compared to 95% African American study body at Jackson State....

Even he said that the kids choose Deion Sanders not Colorado, they are following him not the school and or program.  He can sure sell, curious if he gets a cut off those sunglasses sales on "blender".  

Back to Shedeur, has there ever in the history of the NFL been a Hall of Fame player with a son who did not play his same position or similar positions be a great player in the NFL?  Especially rare with a Hall of Fame CB with a QB son, will be historic if Shedeur can become a great NFL player.

Mannings, Matthews Bruce/Clay, Long's all had sons who played their same position outside of Kyle Long who was a OG not on the DL.  Ever had any CB son who played QB in the league.  Looking I guess Jim Burrow and Joe Burrow, Jim was a DB but most have no clue who Jim Burrow was because he was never even a good NFL player.  So being that high profile as Deion Sanders, will be impressive if Shedeur can overcome even that....and honestly did Deion go to Colorado just so his son could get more national exposure and increase his chances of making it to the league?  It would not surprise me and it is clearly helping him greatly with his pro future with the attention and increase in competition.  

Edited by Ozzy

On 9/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, Rich7sena said:

I haven't taken a close look at Maye, but I would be surprised if he fell. Howell was never the blue-chip prospect Maye is.

"Never" is certainly some revisionist history. Howell was a lock first-round prospect until his last year in college. The idea he was never a blue chip prospect is absurd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

"Never" is certainly some revisionist history. Howell was a lock first-round prospect until his last year in college. The idea he was never a blue chip prospect is absurd. 

I don't think this is true. Quarterbacks get thrust up mock drafts for clicks, but he did not have a makeup of a high first round quarterback going into his final season. rIf he truly was, he still would have gone at least somewhere in the first. His final season was not bad enough for him to slip to the 5th round.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

Shedeur Sanders has apparently been hit 55 times in 3 games, that is 16 more hits than the most hit QB in any Power 5 school across the country.

Not good for Shedeur but shows he has some toughness, see what that hit total looks like against defenses that are actually good and elite...  They played against solid defenses, Colorado State is not awful and neither is Nebraska but Oregon is a top level defense and so are many other Pac-12 schools, mostly Utah, Oregon State and USC is much improved.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:28 AM, lavar703 said:

He wasn't a blue chip prospect.  Some thought he might have been one if he would have had a good final year in college.  Blue chip guys usually stick in the first round even with bad years. 

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Same for Leinart.  You can go from blue chip to red chip in one year.  

But that’s my point. The idea that Howell or Barkley were never blue chippers is silly. You can certainly drop off which is what happened but saying never is just revisionist history. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

What? Lol. He was a 5 star recruit and the top QB in his recruiting class. And had he come out for the 2012 draft he probably goes 2nd or 3rd overall. 

He definitely wasn't going 2nd.  RG3 had way too much helium, and he wasn't viewed nearly as highly as RG3 was.