Official 2024 QB Thread

Danger

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Caleb was playing on easy mode this week. He's crazy good.

His big plays re made out of structure...I'm not a huge fan of that. He should be more disciplined within the scheme. Yes the results are normally good but he reminds me of a younger Ben Roethlisberger.

• Like 1

The guy i'm really interested in is Ewers. The kid was oozing raw physical talent coming out of HS. He's shown glimpses of being a star and first round prospect. I have to remember he also came out of HS a full year early I believe for NIL money, left OSU then back to Texas last year which really should have been his freshman year. I think he's one who would benefit another year in College for maturity reasons, but he's technically draft eligible next year after this year. 

Penix looked phenomenal. He's another guy I'm watching. Sparked the scene at Indiana. Transferred and seems to be picking up where he left off - a talented QB who if puts it together, could be a first round selection. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

The guy i'm really interested in is Ewers. The kid was oozing raw physical talent coming out of HS. He's shown glimpses of being a star and first round prospect. I have to remember he also came out of HS a full year early I believe for NIL money, left OSU then back to Texas last year which really should have been his freshman year. I think he's one who would benefit another year in College for maturity reasons, but he's technically draft eligible next year after this year. 

Penix looked phenomenal. He's another guy I'm watching. Sparked the scene at Indiana. Transferred and seems to be picking up where he left off - a talented QB who if puts it together, could be a first round selection. 

The problem for him is even if he's not ready after this year he probably still  has to come out with Arch Manning taking over next year

4 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

The problem for him is even if he's not ready after this year he probably still  has to come out with Arch Manning taking over next year

Unless Ewers totally sucks this year which I doubt, he will declare in 2024 and come out for the draft, should be a top 15 pick with his arm talent and ability to make off platform throws.

I would not be surprised to see Arch Manning actually transfer if he does not win the job next year, I did find it odd that Arch did not last this past weekend and Maalik Murphy did.  And that kid is a physical freak show, what a massive dude with a rocket arm.  Curious if he is farther along than Arch is and maybe Maalik actually wins the job because he is so physically gifted....either way Arch or Maalik will be transferring next year most likely, doubt whoever does not win the job sticks around.  With those super three talented players it is easily the most talented QB room in the nation currently.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:11 PM, Daniel said:

Remember last season, when at the start of the season it was like, "wow, there's a long list of QBs who could really be special this season, I'm excited to watch them," and then all of them were big disappointments.

Week one this year is the same, except all of them exceed all expectations.

The top of the class has been pretty set since last season, but there are quite a few that likely landed in that round 2-early round 3 range....if week 1 is any indicator, we could actually see a relatively QB heavy 1st round. 

Williams, Maye, Penix, Ewers, Nix, Pratt, Uigaleilei, Jefferson....that's 8 off the top of my head that could all wind up with round 1 grades (whether 8+ actually go in round 1 being another story). 

Definitely a great way to start a year off. 

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The top of the class has been pretty set since last season, but there are quite a few that likely landed in that round 2-early round 3 range....if week 1 is any indicator, we could actually see a relatively QB heavy 1st round. 

Williams, Maye, Penix, Ewers, Nix, Pratt, Uigaleilei, Jefferson....that's 8 off the top of my head that could all wind up with round 1 grades (whether 8+ actually go in round 1 being another story). 

Definitely a great way to start a year off. 

Don't forget Sanders, Milton, and Travis.

An absurd number of QBs got off to hot starts.  It's gonna make for a very interesting season, which is good because I think this is the last year of college football, if I'm remembering realignment times correctly.

• Like 3