Official 2024 QB Thread

Danger

With the QB position in particular, I don't think it's too early to get the ball rolling on this thread. Right now the headliners seem to be Caleb Williams followed by Drake Maye.

Who else do you think should be mentioned as a potential early guy/climber?

The other two names that immediately come to mind to me, needing to do more homework on them personally, are Grayson McCall and Quinn Ewers. Ewers in particular I want to hear more about what you guys think.

Caleb Williams is obviously the standout.  I hear Drake Maye a lot, but I haven't had a chance to watch any UNC games yet.  I do think Williams is legit and would be an easy first overall this draft if he could declare.

Bo Nix was actually my QB3 in this class.  Great size, big arm, can make a difference with his legs.  I think he was the right balance between a guy like Stroud who's pretty polished, and Anthony Richardson, who's all athletic upside.  And I started the season as a Nix denier.

Grayson McCall too.  It's too bad he missed some time with injury, because I really want to see him against a good team.  UCLA next year will be a nice test to see if he's just a small school guy that beats up on weak opponents or the real deal.  He looks pretty polished to me, and he has some sneaky athleticism.

Pennix Jr. is a solid guy who looks like a high end backup to me, but he could be someone who sneaks up if he improves a good bit.

Shedeur Sanders is one to watch for obvious reasons.  I think he might be THE dark horse for 2024: NFL pedigree, highly recruited, athleticism for days, and transferring to a much bigger program.  I'm very interested to see him in action at Colorado.

Ewers I didn't care for when I saw him.  But admittedly, I didn't watch him closely in more than one game.  Jayden Daniels could climb, he had some moments where he looked like he could be good.  KJ Jefferson I don't see it, but he has a ton of athletic upside.  Ditto for Joe Milton at Tennessee.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Danger said:

With the QB position in particular, I don't think it's too early to get the ball rolling on this thread. Right now the headliners seem to be Caleb Williams followed by Drake Maye.

Who else do you think should be mentioned as a potential early guy/climber?

The other two names that immediately come to mind to me, needing to do more homework on them personally, are Grayson McCall and Quinn Ewers. Ewers in particular I want to hear more about what you guys think.

I'd be pretty shocked if McCall goes high. I think at best he's the mid round prospect with him staying at Coastal. We'll see.

Devin Leary would be my pick. Bo Nix? Probably McCord because Ohio State. 

Just to throw an old name out there that people might be enamored with, Rattler had a strong finish to the year, so if that carries over who knows. 

52 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd be pretty shocked if McCall goes high. I think at best he's the mid round prospect with him staying at Coastal. We'll see.

Devin Leary would be my pick. Bo Nix? Probably McCord because Ohio State. 

Just to throw an old name out there that people might be enamored with, Rattler had a strong finish to the year, so if that carries over who knows. 

McCall all depends on where he goes.  Coastal Carolina offense did him no favors

Just now, jebrick said:

then he will be drafted in Zappe territory

Probably.  I was hoping to see him go somewhere where he'd face big time defenses, because he's looked the part in what I watched.  UCLA had a good team this year, and they play early in the season.  If he can drop a bunch of TDs on them and get a good bowl opponent come next December, then he could be taken much sooner.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Until that decision making improves, he's not a good QB.

I'm with you. I wouldn't really want to touch him either unless it's potentially a late Day 3 at best at this time. That said, throwing a name out there regardless who maybe could turn.