Official 2024 QB Thread

Danger

26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What world you been living in, dude was productive the last two seasons and considering how much attention Deion gets I thought everyone knew that was his kid.

After he mentioned it, it clicked a little. His name looked kinda familiar and then I remembered reading an article on Deion at Jackson St and the this son played there and it all clicked. But I don't follow college football or its storylines at all. 

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What world you been living in, dude was productive the last two seasons and considering how much attention Deion gets I thought everyone knew that was his kid.

How dare he ever miss a Jackson State game on ESPN 8: The Ocho!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

After he mentioned it, it clicked a little. His name looked kinda familiar and then I remembered reading an article on Deion at Jackson St and the this son played there and it all clicked. But I don't follow college football or its storylines at all. 

... his sons... he has another that plays safety Shilo. Both followed Deion from Jackson State to Colorado.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How dare he ever miss a Jackson State game on ESPN 8: The Ocho!

I believe the first game of the season for them the last two years has been on ESPN 2, and the Celebration bowl is always on ESPN or ESPN 2.  The SWAC championship was also on ESPN or ESPN 2.  

But sure if one does not watch or follow college football then you would have no idea.  But I think most know for example that Arch Manning is the nephew of Peyton and Eli, they even talk about that during NFL broadcasts and same goes for Deion and what he is up to.  Shedeur is not on that level of a prospect yet, will be interesting what he does on Colorado against real competition.  

• 5 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, Daniel said:

Shedeur Sanders is one to watch for obvious reasons.  I think he might be THE dark horse for 2024: NFL pedigree, highly recruited, athleticism for days, and transferring to a much bigger program.  I'm very interested to see him in action at Colorado.

Good call, Daniel.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Did anyone watch Maye? How did he look? I‘m More interested in the decision making on the 2 picks.

I am buying the Maye hype now.

He's not a finished product, but he's got accuracy and a great deep ball, along with prototype size.  Decisionmaking needs some work, but yeah, he looked great to me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Has anyone done a deep dive on Pratt?

Wouldn’t call it a deep dive but definitely saw quite a bit of him watching Spears tape last year. He was so clutch on that last minute drive against USC in the bowl game last year, converting a 4th and 6th with his legs then a 4th and 10 with his arm and a TD pass with 9 seconds left on the clock. Has some really nice ball placement and I think we’d be talking about him more if he played at a bigger program. Definitely has potential to develop and probably a mid round prospect right now with the potential to rise.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Has anyone done a deep dive on Pratt?

I went to almost all of Tulane's home games last year- alumni perks and perks of living near the stadium. 

I'll say this- kid has that knack. Probably a 3rd/early 4th rounder right now that could easily rise to round 2 level. Clutch as hell, athletic, needs some refinement but Tulane has been very run heavy (and for good reasons that aren't a knock on Pratt). Big moments aren't too big for him. Maybe he's never more than a high end gutsy journeyman in the NFL, but he should have a long career, but I think it's more likely he's the type who would've been getting 1st round hype if he played at a bigger school. He's good. Really good. How good good is unknown. 

• Like 1

Remember last season, when at the start of the season it was like, "wow, there's a long list of QBs who could really be special this season, I'm excited to watch them," and then all of them were big disappointments.

Week one this year is the same, except all of them exceed all expectations.

• Like 3