Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're completely switching organizational philosophy in the final 5 years of Aaron's career? That's....bold I guess. No thanks.

If you are making changes hire the best guy you can.  I've got John Schneider, or John Dorsey in mind for GM.  They come from the Wolf tree and have ties to Ted .. it wouldn't be a night and day change.  Both guys are familiar with the coaches on staff, culture, etc .. I'd think they'd have a good idea of how to shake things up and get the people around Aaron to make this thing take off.

6 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Dom Capers gets my vote in the poll, considering he should've been canned YEARS ago. 

I wouldn't lose sleep seeing either MM or TT or Zook gone either. 

I get these feeling Zook might go. I'm not as down on him as others. But I don't feel there's probably the loyalty that there is with others.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You're completely switching organizational philosophy in the final 5 years of Aaron's career? That's....bold I guess. No thanks.

Organizational policy changes should be avoided if its clear the organization is working. The issue is that it is plainly obvious without a giant mustachioed bandage they are not working in GB.

GB are perennially praised for all of their young budding potential talent. And there is talent there for sure, but we truly lack schemes that are either comprehensible or still relevant in today's NFL to fall back on when the trump card generational talent at QB goes down. I mean for all the **** the Vikings give us, their offense is more than capable with their like 3rd string QB and backup RBs at the helm. If our schemes were worth their salt, we wouldnt need a carbon copy of Aaron to step in to keep things moving with the talent we have. At least I like to think the talent isnt all a mirage, but Ive started watching other games, and I cant remember the last time we've actually gotten a receiver or TE wide open in space without a blown coverage. Where I saw it multiple times with teams yesterday, against even the good defenses. This isnt even getting to the defense.

And maybe even that is based on a false assumption that we have that talent and it too wasnt just bandaided over. But I'd like to think that Ted's track record can speak for itself, he has some insane % of players retained in the NFL. He's the high OPS guy with really low slugging numbers. I see tons of former packers on other teams. Maybe we need more homeruns, and that is how the NFL works now, IDK. Id like to see more trading up so we dont just cut half our picks but thats another topic

2 hours ago, blankman0021 said:

Didn't see the "click I Voted" thing either ... oops.

I voted to sack Dom. I've never been in the #FireCapers camp, but it's time that side of the ball got a new voice. Honestly, if MM can't right this ship with Hundley in the next few weeks, he might be gone too. Wouldn't mind Thompson retiring and letting one of his right hand men take over either. 

At the end of the day, I'm fine if MM and TT are back. Capers needs to go. We need to put a little more fear in an opponent with our defensive strategy.

I didn't see it either.  :$

1 hour ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Are these fresh voices though?  Moss and Whitt have been working with Dom for years.  Wolf has been a TT guy for the same amount of time.  

All of these voices have been in the room for years.

They might have their own ideas on how to run a defense but go with the boss for now instead?

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If you are making changes hire the best guy you can.  I've got John Schneider, or John Dorsey in mind for GM.  They come from the Wolf tree and have ties to Ted .. it wouldn't be a night and day change.  Both guys are familiar with the coaches on staff, culture, etc .. I'd think they'd have a good idea of how to shake things up and get the people around Aaron to make this thing take off.

Schneider isn't leaving Seattle any time soon.  I don't think he has an "out" clause on his present contract.  I do wonder why Dorsey is still umemployed.

In the end I'm guessing either Ball or Wolf will take over the reigns once Ted retires.

5 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

Organizational policy changes should be avoided if its clear the organization is working. The issue is that it is plainly obvious without a giant mustachioed bandage they are not working in GB.

GB are perennially praised for all of their young budding potential talent. And there is talent there for sure, but we truly lack schemes that are either comprehensible or still relevant in today's NFL to fall back on when the trump card generational talent at QB goes down. I mean for all the **** the Vikings give us, their offense is more than capable with their like 3rd string QB and backup RBs at the helm. If our schemes were worth their salt, we wouldnt need a carbon copy of Aaron to step in to keep things moving with the talent we have. At least I like to think the talent isnt all a mirage, but Ive started watching other games, and I cant remember the last time we've actually gotten a receiver or TE wide open in space without a blown coverage. Where I saw it multiple times with teams yesterday, against even the good defenses. This isnt even getting to the defense.

And maybe even that is based on a false assumption that we have that talent and it too wasnt just bandaided over. But I'd like to think that Ted's track record can speak for itself, he has some insane % of players retained in the NFL. He's the high OPS guy with really low slugging numbers. I see tons of former packers on other teams. Maybe we need more homeruns, and that is how the NFL works now, IDK. Id like to see more trading up so we dont just cut half our picks but thats another topic

The Vikings need to stop being used as an example. That offense is built around a purely a system, they have a whole bunch of mediocrity and 2 top level pass catchers. Right now Keenum is playing about like Bradford on that 5-0 stretch. Case Keenum will come back to earth, just like Bradford did. That team is built around a defense.

The other thing that needs to stop being said is "you can't build a team/scheme around Aaron Rodgers." Yes you can, and should. The purpose of this roster/scheme should be to maximize Aaron and his gifts when he's on the field. The OL should be built to pass pro over rub block, the WRs and TEs should be tailored to what Aaron wants. Anything and everything to maximize his ability out on the field. When you have a generational talent, you build your roster for him on the field, yes he can be lost to injury like right now, but you're talking one year out of many our offense isn't firing on all cylinders, instead of every year.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I see where the concern is... but it may not be the worst thing. There are examples of this going in the opposite direction and bringing instant success to a team. Look at what happened with the 49ers in 2010. They brought in a whole new regime and went from 6-10 to the NFC Championship game in an offseason.. followed by a Super Bowl appearance a year later.

Sure, a shake-up is definitely a risk.. but at this point, its not entirely unwarranted. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Vikings need to stop being used as an example. That offense is built around a purely a system, they have a whole bunch of mediocrity and 2 top level pass catchers. Right now Keenum is playing about like Bradford on that 5-0 stretch. Case Keenum will come back to earth, just like Bradford did. That team is built around a defense.

The other thing that needs to stop being said is "you can't build a team/scheme around Aaron Rodgers." Yes you can, and should. The purpose of this roster/scheme should be to maximize Aaron and his gifts when he's on the field. The OL should be built to pass pro over rub block, the WRs and TEs should be tailored to what Aaron wants. Anything and everything to maximize his ability out on the field. When you have a generational talent, you build your roster for him on the field, yes he can be lost to injury like right now, but you're talking one year out of many our offense isn't firing on all cylinders, instead of every year.

I agree we should build around Aaron, but in my mind that is a separate issue. The scheme itself has flaws if it cant be adapted to less than 100% perfect needle hole accuracy. We've even seen it with Aaron in there, if he's having minor injury issues or the WRs are banged up, our offense flounders. If everyone is there and at 100%, the offense cant be beat in the NFL. Which is great when it happens (like in 2011) but the reality is a team is never at 100% and so optimization should be made for like 75% and anything above is maybe a less optimized bonus. 

Though maybe its not the scheme itself but the ingame use of it. I remember some comments about MM being the best Monday to Saturday coach in the NFL. well,  I'd rather have Sunday on than the rest.

7 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I see where the concern is... but it may not be the worst thing. There are examples of this going in the opposite direction and bringing instant success to a team. Look at what happened with the 49ers in 2010. They brought in a whole new regime and went from 6-10 to the NFC Championship game in an offseason.. followed by a Super Bowl appearance a year later.

Sure, a shake-up is definitely a risk.. but at this point, its not entirely unwarranted. 

Yeah but that 49ers team had a HC who pulled his pants down in front of his players at halftime lol. I think Mac is a far better coach than Singletary.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah but that 49ers team had a HC who pulled his pants down in front of his players at halftime lol. I think Mac is a far better coach than Singletary.

Agreed. 

But my point stands, they made a sweeping change because Singletary obviously wasn't going to get them over that hump... and they became the team that prevented us from getting over the hump.

Archived