Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

46 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Agreed. 

But my point stands, they made a sweeping change because Singletary obviously wasn't going to get them over that hump... and they became the team that prevented us from getting over the hump.

There is a difference from going 6-10 repeatedly and being one game away from the Super Bowl just last year. 

10 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

There is a difference from going 6-10 repeatedly and being one game away from the Super Bowl just last year. 

Sure. But that new regime came in and made changes that propelled them to the NFC Championship... from a perennial loser.

Whats to say a fresh face wouldn't be able to get us one step further and into the Super Bowl? Because we sure as hell didn't look to competitive against Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Sure. But that new regime came in and made changes that propelled them to the NFC Championship... from a perennial loser.

Whats to say a fresh face wouldn't be able to get us one step further and into the Super Bowl? Because we sure as hell didn't look to competitive against Atlanta. 

Because at 6-10 there is no risk involved. The only place to go is up.

There is a huge risk here. What's to say we don't immediately get worse?

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

Because at 6-10 there is no risk involved. The only place to go is up.

There is a huge risk here. What's to say we don't immediately get worse?

I addressed the risk... and I voted for only Dom leaving. 

I'm playing devils advocate here by saying the desire to want sweeping changes, for better or worse, isn't really unwarranted at this point.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Agreed. 

But my point stands, they made a sweeping change because Singletary obviously wasn't going to get them over that hump... and they became the team that prevented us from getting over the hump.

And then they made a sweeping change to go away from that coach, and it's totally backfired. 

For every Gruden in Tampa stories out there - there are a hundred Tomsula stories. That said, this team needs a new voice someplace, beginning on Defense. That unit needs to play inspired. When Rodgers is going at 100%, we need a defense that gets him the ball back more times than not. Until we do that, we will struggle getting back to the Superb Owl.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Schneider isn't leaving Seattle any time soon.  I don't think he has an "out" clause on his present contract.  I do wonder why Dorsey is still umemployed.

In the end I'm guessing either Ball or Wolf will take over the reigns once Ted retires.

My best guess is that Dorsey is unemployed by choice. Unless he has a good situation to go into - he's being paid right now to NOT be the GM for KC. Might as well sit the season out and see what GM jobs are there next offseason. 

Dom and Ted to retire. If Dom is on the team in March I will be lost. The sad thing is is the defense is playing pretty ok so he will probably get another year.

Give us a new GM by the time FA starts or just keep him until after the draft.

If Vontae Davis has anything left in the tank and if he would remotely fit scheme wise I'd take a shot at him. I think Trumaine Johnson could work but his speed gives me concerns with how much corners get left alone in our defense

They all have their issues .. get rid of the whole bunch and try to salvage the last 5 or 6 years of Aaron's career with some modern NFL level schemes. We want super bowl appearances .. super bowl victories.  The TT, MM, and DC triad has had 6 -7 tries at it since catching lightning in a bottle in '10.  They've found several ways to fail since that SB victory .. had prime chances to appear in at least two more SB's and didn't get it done .. sometimes in inexplicable fashion.  TT, MM, and DC have all been given plenty of time to get things put together .. comes a point where you just have to try something different.  Sure .. we're always in the hunt, but there are lots of football men who would be in the hunt with Aaron Rodgers as their QB.

16 hours ago, Acrid Josher said:

I vote the strength & conditioning team. :D jk, sort of 

I think you would have a hard time finding a better gm than TT. Perceived lack of talent in certain areas has more to do with the realities of inverse draft order, salary cap, and injuries than gm performance. In my estimation, inserting another gm into that same situation would result in the same phenomena we have been observing or worse. 

I am more lukewarm on MM, but still of the opinion that you would have a hard time finding a better replacement, which means a switch is more likely to take you further from the goal than nearer. I think the passing game might have too little margin for error in the way it is set up, but not sure if that's a function of playing to Arod's strengths or a function of not being capable of anything else. And you can't just flip a switch mid-season and change your whole offense. 

I am ambivilant on Capers, but if you have to choose one of the 3 it would be him. There are better DC's but also worse DC's, though the worse ones tend to be ignored by fans since they are out of sight and out of mind. Some of his struggles are likely the result of the same issues mentioned above w/ TT, which are just inherent with this type of team window/situation. However I wouldn't fight anyone that hard if they want a change this offseason. But I still don't think you're likely to get a top-10 D. Oftentimes the best coordinators are wearing a head-coach hat and therefore not interested in stepping back to a coordinator position (in fact, this is why I prefer to bring in a defense-minded HC if MM is replaced). DC's willing to do a lateral move to the GB DC spot aren't very likely to be better than mediocre. And promoting a position coach is a bigger dice roll. 

Also I neglected to check the 'I voted' box. Though to be fair, on an iphone screen, I think only the poll choices fill the screen to start with, leaving people to assume that's just some sort of "abstain but skip to results" choice. I think you had to scroll/swipe down to bring AG's instructions on screen after the fact. 

30 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

We have averaged 17.85 in DVOA rankings.

Is this ranking based on Dom's tenure throughout?

Not disputing the 17.85 ranking but wondering if it includes his first 2 years, which were excellent and am wondering what the Defens DVOA is since the Super Bowl (2011-the present).

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Is this ranking based on Dom's tenure throughout?

Not disputing the 17.85 ranking but wondering if it includes his first 2 years, which were excellent and am wondering what the Defens DVOA is since the Super Bowl (2011-the present).

The original post is about ST rankings guys

Archived