Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

39 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just don't think it's remotely realistic that we fire McCarthy.  I think the only way that happens is if Thompson gets canned, and I don't think that happens, either.  It's kinda why it makes more sense for us to lose in a blowout if we are going to lose to the Buccaneers.

To me, the only way we fire McCarthy is if we lose our next three games.  Nobody expects us to beat the Steelers.  A lot of people expect the Buccaneers and Browns to be games we should win.  If we play poorly against a winless Browns team and lose, I think that might be the only thing that could get McCarthy fired at the end of the year.

I don't see a scenario where Mike gets fired if I'm being honest

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't see a scenario where Mike gets fired if I'm being honest

What if we get a new GM and he wants his guy? That happens quite a bit. The Yankees got rid of a very successful manager because he and the GM didn’t agree on the direction of the team. Maybe if we get a new GM him and Mac don’t see eye to eye.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Other than Julius Peppers, who was pretty good during his 3 years in Green Bay, who are the free agents that TT has signed since the Super Bowl win in 2010 who lead you to conclude that "Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others?"

Jeff Saturday? Anthony Hargrove? Martellus Bennett? 

Who? 

Or is this like the TT is the best drafter in the NFL claim that we are just supposed to accept as true without any evidence? 

Pretty convenient that you cut the timetable to eliminate Woodson and Pickett, right?

Jahri Evans has been pretty good this season.  Jared Cook was effective when healthy. 

1 hour ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

FYI you can't say MM is a failure as a QB guru because Hundley has failed and then also criticize him for not having a Flynn as a good backup. He's responsible for both players. 

I was thinking about this the other day.  We can say that McCarthy developed Rodgers, and got Favre back on track.  We can also see that he hasn't been able to develop Brohm or Hundley.  Give him a push on Tolzein, and the rest of the guys either weren't in camp long enough, or didn't have much to work with.  McCarthy's QB work with Favre and Rodgers has been down played because these guys are seen as HOF talents.  Then his work can also be questioned because Brohm and Hundley had workable traits, but didn't develop.  If we assume that is true, how good was Matt Flynn?

Something I did not know:  The Packers traded with the Vikings to get the Flynn pick.  They traded 137 for 150 and 209.  That was John David Booty for Breno Giacommini and Matt Flynn.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just don't think it's remotely realistic that we fire McCarthy.  I think the only way that happens is if Thompson gets canned, and I don't think that happens, either.  It's kinda why it makes more sense for us to lose in a blowout if we are going to lose to the Buccaneers.

To me, the only way we fire McCarthy is if we lose our next three games.  Nobody expects us to beat the Steelers.  A lot of people expect the Buccaneers and Browns to be games we should win.  If we play poorly against a winless Browns team and lose, I think that might be the only thing that could get McCarthy fired at the end of the year.

I don't think McCarthy gets canned even if we don't win another game.  

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

What if we get a new GM and he wants his guy? That happens quite a bit. The Yankees got rid of a very successful manager because he and the GM didn’t agree on the direction of the team. Maybe if we get a new GM him and Mac don’t see eye to eye.

Unless the new GM isn't Ball or Wolf McCarthy isn't going anywhere IMO.

32 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Pretty convenient that you cut the timetable to eliminate Woodson and Pickett, right?

Jahri Evans has been pretty good this season.  Jared Cook was effective when healthy. 

Not convenient at all.

Between 2005-2010, the first 6 years of TT's time as GM, the management of the team's roster was quite good.

But reaching back to 2006 (Pickett & Woodson) to back up the argument that TT is good at free agency in 2017, sort of proves that TT has not been nearly as good when it comes to free agents over the second half of his 13 years as Packers GM. 

Of course the drafting also tailed off considerably after 2010, so remind me again when did Schneider, McKenzie, and Dorsey leave?

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

Not convenient at all.

Between 2005-2010, the first 6 years of TT's time as GM, the management of the team's roster was quite good.

But reaching back to 2006 (Pickett & Woodson) to back up the argument that TT is good at free agency in 2017, sort of proves that TT has not been nearly as good when it comes to free agents over the second half of his 13 years as Packers GM? 

Of course the drafting also tailed off considerably after 2010, so remind me again when did Schneider, McKenzie, and Dorsey leave?

you're right.  Ted is an empty shell and those guys did all the work.  Except for signing Marquand Manuel and drafting Justin Harrell, that was all TT.  

12 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Not convenient at all.

But reaching back to 2006 (Pickett & Woodson) to back up the argument that TT is good at free agency in 2017, sort of proves that TT has not been nearly as good when it comes to free agents over the second half of his 13 years as Packers GM. 

Weird how it was apparently easier to manage a roster with significantly more draft capital. Almost by design or something.

Archived