Who should be held accountable?

AlexGreen#20

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Those top two are who I would go after if I was Mark Murphy.  If I could get one of them to commit to being the GM I'd thank Ted for all he's done and get moving forward with the new guy,  I'd put McCarthy's fate in the new GM's hands.  

There is really not a difference between the effectiveness of Ron Wolf & TT.

Wolf - 10.22 wins a year, .22 championship game appearances a year, 1 playoff wins a year

TT - 9.83 wins a year. .25 championship game appearances a year, .83 playoff wins a year

Did you want Ron Wolf fired in 2001?

4 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

But Howard Green made that one play! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Agency!

Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others as well, his good signings just don't count.  

I also have this theory that FA appeals to a certain group for silly reasons sometimes. Just that idea of a new toy. That kind of thing. Even if that toy isn't really that good or maybe was too much. How many times have you seen fans upset with their FA signs? Not often. Even though a lot of them look bad right away. 

3 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

There is really not a difference between the effectiveness of Ron Wolf & TT.

Wolf - 10.22 wins a year, .22 championship game appearances a year, 1 playoff wins a year

TT - 9.83 wins a year. .25 championship game appearances a year, .83 playoff wins a year

Did you want Ron Wolf fired in 2001?

Don't kid. People legit wanted him fired during a period there and used similar arguments. HOF QB etc etc

19 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The expectations for any GM in the NFL is to assemble a roster that wins games and competes for a championship. 

I agree the expectation for the Packers, who have had 1 of the top 2 QBs in the NFL since 2011, should be to compete for a championship every season. 

This will be the seventh consecutive season the Packers have NOT been in the Super Bowl to compete for a championship.

If Ted Thompson had retired after the 2010 season and was replaced by Joe Schmo who inherited Aaron Rodgers in his prime and a Packers team that had just won the Super Bowl, and Joe Schmo's Packers teams did not return to compete for a championship a single time in the following seven seasons, I wonder if Joe Schmo would be seen as a successful GM (assuming like TT he won all those glorious NFC North Titles between 2011-2016) by the Ted Thompson fans?

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I agree the expectation for the Packers, who have had 1 of the top 2 QBs in the NFL since 2011, should be to compete for a championship every season. 

This will be the seventh consecutive season the Packers have NOT been in the Super Bowl to compete for a championship.

If Ted Thompson had retired after the 2010 season and was replaced by Joe Schmo who inherited Aaron Rodgers in his prime and a Packers team that had just won the Super Bowl, and Joe Schmo's Packers teams did not return to compete for a championship a single time in the following seven seasons, I wonder if Joe Schmo would be seen as a successful GM (assuming like TT he won all those glorious NFC North Titles between 2011-2016) by the Ted Thompson fans?

If he had the same amount of success then yes. I am not emotionally attached to the man. I can see the level of success for what it is.

Highly successful.

22 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others as well, his good signings just don't count.  

Other than Julius Peppers, who was pretty good during his 3 years in Green Bay, who are the free agents that TT has signed since the Super Bowl win in 2010 who lead you to conclude that "Ted has done just as well with free agents as most others?"

Jeff Saturday? Anthony Hargrove? Martellus Bennett? 

Who? 

Or is this like the TT is the best drafter in the NFL claim that we are just supposed to accept as true without any evidence? 

TT's been a great GM .. had a ton of success.  He has had the ideal situation in sports though, so he should be successful.  I do think the old man is slipping though, and if I could replace him with a younger high quality GM like Schnieder I'd jump on it.  I really kind of question how healthy Ted is these days .. he's cut back on recruiting trips, and seem a little off in interviews.  I also don't like that he hides in an office while McCarthy takes the hit.

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Or is this like the TT is the best drafter in the NFL claim that we are just supposed to accept as true without any evidence? 

Will you ever respond to any of my posts, or do you just pick and choose which one suits you?

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

TT's been a great GM .. had a ton of success.  He has had the ideal situation in sports though, so he should be successful.  I do think the old man is slipping though, and if I could replace him with a younger high quality GM like Schnieder I'd jump on it.  I really kind of question how healthy Ted is these days .. he's cut back on recruiting trips, and seem a little off in interviews.  I also don't like that he hides in an office while McCarthy takes the hit.

What GM does anything else? They don't come out post game.

I voted TT. He has been great with this team, but we need a change of philosophy. We need fresh ideas, and that starts at the top. I also want Capers fired at the end of the year, or now I guess. It doesn't matter to me. McCarthy is still a good coach, but we've had bad defenses for years. I put the blame on TT for not getting the players we need on defense and Capers for not getting enough out of what he has been given.

Dom I think his firing is overdue. His scheme just doesn't work anymore, and it hasn't for years. Question is who are we gonna replace him with? 

Ted won't be fired until he steps down imo.

McCarthy deserves another chance, you lose the best QB in the league for probably the whole year, I just don't think it's fair in this situation. You can chalk it up to Rodgers covering the flaws in McCarthy all you want, but most coaches that have a good QB can get  their butts saved by them year in and year out.

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Dom I think his firing is overdue. His scheme just doesn't work anymore, and it hasn't for years. Question is who are we gonna replace him with? 

Ted won't be fired until he steps down imo.

McCarthy deserves another chance, you lose the best QB in the league for probably the whole year, I just don't think it's fair in this situation. You can chalk it up to Rodgers covering the flaws in McCarthy all you want, but most coaches that have a good QB can get  their butts saved year in and out.

Jim Leonhard or Aranda. Because they're the only two DCs GB fans know lol

Archived