2022 Super Wild Card Weekend: AFC 5) LA Chargers @ 4) Jacksonville Jaguars

notthatbluestuff

Here is your poll:  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Chargers
    • Jaguars

Week 3 was a massacre but Herbert was only a week removed from the rib injury and half our team died on the field that day. 

I think (hope) the Chargers are hungry for revenge and the offense continues to heat up. Will be a tough game. 

Chargers win 27-24.

I feel like no one is going to watch this game other than diehards since it's on Saturday night in addition to having two teams involved perceived to be "low market". I know the Chargers aren't in San Diego anymore, but they aren't exactly royalty in LA either ever since they arrived. Shame, because this is one of the games on the slate this weekend featuring two QBs that can pop off. I'm not sure who will win, but I hope it's an exciting game, and folks that missed out will ended up regretting it. Guess I'll take the Chargers Lombardi at OC be damned. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I feel like no one is going to watch this game other than diehards since it's on Saturday night in addition to having two teams involved perceived to be "low market". I know the Chargers aren't in San Diego anymore, but they aren't exactly royalty in LA either ever since they arrived. Shame, because this is one of the games on the slate this weekend featuring two QBs that can pop off. I'm not sure who will win, but I hope it's an exciting game, and folks that missed out will ended up regretting it. Guess I'll take the Chargers Lombardi at OC be damned. 

It’ll be a good one. I can see a 31-27 game going either way.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:56 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

Interesting enough, the Chargers are the favorites, as are the Cowboys. Did they not see the shellacking the Jags gave them earlier in the year? Expect some of the same

Jax 28

SD 3

Interestingly, teams who win by 28+ in the regular season are only 17-12 in the playoffs.   

Add in that Herbert was fresh off the rib cartilage injury, Keenan Allen didn't play, and Joey Bosa left after 10-ish snaps - not at all the same matchup.  And that's before you factor in that LAC's 1H awful run D (32nd) has actually been much better since they installed NT Breiden Fehoko to combine with Sebastien Joseph-Day (while Kenneth Murray is still their biggest upgrade needed for 2023, though).   

I definitely don't trust Staley, as he's lost his nerve at critical times (for KC games x2 esp), but I do give him credit for realigning the D scheme to address their run weaknesses.     They had 4 games with Joey Bosa / Khalil Mack / Derwin James altogether, but should have all 3 back as long as Bosa's tweak Week 18 in Denver isn't more than that (his 2nd game back).

I think the network & league did a great job by scheduling this game in prime time.  I'm looking so forward to seeing it.  If I had to call it now, assuming every key guy plays who's not already confirmed as out...give me the Chargers. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

I really love the support we are getting from division rivals going into this game. I don’t trust the Chargers and probably never will because of all the times they’ve let me down but this is a winnable game. Chargers have really improved on stopping the run and while it’s still not a strength at least they aren’t getting gashed up the middle for a first every time. Trevor Lawrence and Herbert have the best QB hair since CBJ & it’s probably the all time greatest hair match up. 

I’m going to go with a really bold prediction this week. Chargers win via game winning field goal as time expires. 😂 with all the times that’s gone the other way I feel we’re do. 

On 1/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, Leoric said:

I really love the support we are getting from division rivals going into this game. I don’t trust the Chargers and probably never will because of all the times they’ve let me down but this is a winnable game. Chargers have really improved on stopping the run and while it’s still not a strength at least they aren’t getting gashed up the middle for a first every time. Trevor Lawrence and Herbert have the best QB hair since CBJ & it’s probably the all time greatest hair match up. 

I’m going to go with a really bold prediction this week. Chargers win via game winning field goal as time expires. 😂 with all the times that’s gone the other way I feel we’re do. 

I'm feeling jags win with a walk off defensive score 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:35 PM, Bolts223 said:

Week 3 was a massacre but Herbert was only a week removed from the rib injury and half our team died on the field that day. 

I think (hope) the Chargers are hungry for revenge and the offense continues to heat up. Will be a tough game. 

Chargers win 27-24.

And our offense has sort of jelled together and our defense has started playing better especially walker as a pass rusher