Wild Card Weekend GDT: Brady v. Dak Part Deaux - Des's Birthday Bash

D82

11 minutes ago, Northland said:

Quinn dialing something up to confuse Purdy is a key in my opinion.

If Quinn gets "cute", Purdy will light this D up. He has top weapons all over the field and all the way down the depth chart, and a coach that will have Purdy prepared to rip short, efficient passes to those weapons before the pass rushers can even get close. And they can break and shake tackles with the best of them.

Have to stick with what's been working. Play smart defensive football. Let the linebackers watch the gaps, let the down four crash the edges and penetrate the middle, and play a hard shell near the markers instead of soft and off the sticks. It's what this unit does best. Blitzing and allowing even bigger gaps to throw short into, or changing up coverage styles with our weakness at outside corner will just force guys like Bland and the others to play out of the element that has won 13 games as of today. 

Oddly, it isn't even the D I am worried about. Quinn will have the unit prepared. It's Moore and the offense I'm concerned about. His rigidity early in games with that script of his against a powerhouse like this will cause the team to fall behind quickly, and we all know what happens when the Kellen falls behind - the run gets abandoned, Dak gets blitzed all game, and the unit puts up only 13 points.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If Quinn gets "cute", Purdy will light this D up. He has top weapons all over the field and all the way down the depth chart, and a coach that will have Purdy prepared to rip short, efficient passes to those weapons before the pass rushers can even get close. And they can break and shake tackles with the best of them.

Have to stick with what's been working. Play smart defensive football. Let the linebackers watch the gaps, let the down four crash the edges and penetrate the middle, and play a hard shell near the markers instead of soft and off the sticks. It's what this unit does best. Blitzing and allowing even bigger gaps to throw short into, or changing up coverage styles with our weakness at outside corner will just force guys like Bland and the others to play out of the element that has won 13 games as of today. 

Oddly, it isn't even the D I am worried about. Quinn will have the unit prepared. It's Moore and the offense I'm concerned about. His rigidity early in games with that script of his against a powerhouse like this will cause the team to fall behind quickly, and we all know what happens when the Kellen falls behind - the run gets abandoned, Dak gets blitzed all game, and the unit puts up only 13 points.

SF will play a smarter game then TB for sure. On D Can LVE manage Kittle enough to slow him down.  Can we contain Seebo and Macathery enough, limit the YAC.  If we have to commit resources to stop the run up the middle then that will open up the edges and the quick passing game.  Hopefully we can put them in 3rd long and then not break down in coverage allowing conversions.  DLaw was invisible this game he will need to show up for sure next week especially against the run.  

On the other if SF D line can get pressure then they can for sure disrupt our rhythm on O.  Bosa though is a different animal and offers a huge challenge.  One thing though different this year then last is our skill players are more versatile.  With Pollard Schultz Ferguson Hilton and even Brown it’s not just a two man WR show.  But still the OL and Moore have to figure out a way to get Dak time to make throws down field.  

Well, well. I was totally wrong about my page 1 prediction and the flow of the game. Dak played the game of his life vs. the goat and his team.  I didn’t think it was possible against Tampa and I deserve all the crow. Thanks @Northlandfor talking me off the ledge, that run by the 45 yr old QB was the wildest thing I ever seen. 

@D82 you the real MVP for the breaking the goat’s 7-0 streak with the GDT. Hope it put a fitting night cap on your birthday. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

“Micah Parsons reportedly missed the Dallas Cowboys’ walk-through practice Saturday, With a playoff showdown with Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers looming Monday.”

With @D82leading the way and some new baby Parsons luck, it’s over for Brady. 

7.1 lbs!!?? 

Brady will be 7-1 after today. Book it. 

New prediction Cowboys 71 Tampa Bradys 1

Told you

• Like 1

Well the Cowboys finally got a huge monkey off their back with that dominating performance last night. I didn’t think  Dak had it in him to perform like that under lots of pressure to perform. Micah abd defense showed up big time shutting down the run getting pressure on Brady consistently all night long. The one knock unfortunately is a big one. The kicker is a huge problem. It got so bad last night Dak is yelling to go for  two after the second missed extra point. Not sure what they’re gonna do to ge honest but if he’s missing in practice this week you can’t let him kick against the 49ers

Edited by cromagnum

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. I don’t recall anyone being excited or even optimistic regarding his hiring, but the results have been hard to argue. 

-He’s won over a QB that certainly didn’t seem pleased/happy early in his tenure.

-He’s managed a coaching staff with 2 coordinators looking over his shoulder at the HC job (not to mention, quickly correcting his mistake with Mike Nolan).

-His teams have always responded to adversity - 5-0 this year after losses.

-He’s embraced analytics to a reasonable extent, playing with proper aggressiveness.

-He’s done this, despite being disliked by the fan base, and having an owner who doesn’t instill confidence in his job security.

He’s not the best coach in football, certainly, but I feel pretty confident that an upgrade would be very difficult to obtain. The org is in good hands.