Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Really looking forward to seeing Tyson Bagent trying to make this roster…really interesting up bringing with his dad being a professional arm wrestler…seems to have a ton of confidence and belief he can make it…if he could be a long term backup it would be a massive find as an UDFA…has all the physical talent…just need to see if he can make the leap mentally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You said 2-3 plays of 40 yards a game, not me. That is All Pro material

Yes, I did.

But if he can't, but can still do 2 plays of 20 to 30 yrds, then that is still great for him.  Good enough for a life long Bears.

Edited by JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

Yes, I did.

But if he can't, but can still do 2 plays of 20 to 30 yrds, then that is still great for him.  Good enough for a life long Bears.

I think if he can produce one explosive play a week, in any regard, then he’ll have a spot for a long time. He’s always going to be a complementary or tertiary player. A guy in that role giving you 15-20 impact plays across a season is absolutely an asset. That’s asking a lot of a guy who probably will only see a dozen or so reps on offense in any given week though, most of which won’t find him with the ball in his hands. Velus showed explosive play potential at the end of the season, but he was also playing basically full time reps at that point due to attrition. Let’s see where he goes from there. 

• Like 1

I wanted to post this earlier this week with article, but I got interrupted and lost it.

I read an interview with D. Robinson talking about him getting frustrated with his play late last year.  

He talked about being prideful and not wanting to ask for help.  Then after Eagles game when he admitted Mailata kind of kicked his butt he finally went to coaches to ask for help.  And he saw some definite improvements after that.  

My immediate reaction to that was kind of pissed off. No, really pissed off.

What were coaches doing before that?  What do they do during week?  During their meetings? During practice?

Why does he have to go to them? Why aren’t they on him everyday like white on rice?  

What is purpose of have position coaches and a d coordinator and a head coach? 

I had to do that for entire teams.  I don’t wait for a player to ask for help 9 games into a season.  

I am helping him and riding him after every rep. from August to end of season. 

Two sides to a story of course.  Maybe he was getting help and not listening.  

But the implication is upsetting.  If I was DC or DL coach last year the play on field would have killed me.  I wouldn’t have slept.  

Then a young developmental guy going through a position change comes out in an interview and says that.  He had to go to coaches for help late in season.  

It doubly pisses me off because Poles whole draft strategy is about taking flawed players with high potential and athleticism to be molded by coaching.  

It ain’t going to work if players have to go to coaches for help.  Coaches should be riding the players like horses.  Training them how to pee! 

Rant done.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

For you peoples with twitter and such, what is going on with Mooney? 

I did a quick search and saw coaches saying he’s rehabbing well from his ankle injury and is running now.  Mooney appears happy at the bears first round pick given they share a name.  Other than that idk what’s going on with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Fields is a large man. 

Warren showing up is a really nice touch...just feels like we are so much stronger from an organisation stand point with Poles & Warren that we have been in a long long time. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, CBears019 said:

I did a quick search and saw coaches saying he’s rehabbing well from his ankle injury and is running now.  Mooney appears happy at the bears first round pick given they share a name.  Other than that idk what’s going on with him.

• Like 1