Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Cancer is preferable to the output we’ve gotten out of Claypool 

His true passion appears to be fashion, he does not appear to want to play football. The coaching staff can not afford to have a negative voice in the locker room. Give him a game or two more and if he doesnt improve trade his *** for whatever you can get or cut him.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Just wait until he has an entire offseason in this offense

https://imgflip.com/i/7z2cto

EDIT apparently I have to sign up or w/e to keep that meme pic permanent, and yeah... no.

It's that eddie murphy thinking/big brain meme with the caption:

"They can't prove you aren't a top 3 WR

If you're benched after week 1"

Use your imagination if the link doesn't work

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

https://imgflip.com/i/7z2cto

EDIT apparently I have to sign up or w/e to keep that meme pic permanent, and yeah... no.

It's that eddie murphy thinking/big brain meme with the caption:

"They can't prove you aren't a top 3 WR

If you're benched after week 1"

Use your imagination if the link doesn't work

Imgur is easier. 

• Like 1

I lost the tweet but I saw a pretty interesting one today. Paraphrasing: "Poles wanted Claypool when Tomlin hated his work ethic. Poles wanted Davis when Vrabel hated his work ethic. Poles didn't want Jalen Carter because of his character concerns. What exactly IS his philosophy on players and why is he so inconsistent?"

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I lost the tweet but I saw a pretty interesting one today. Paraphrasing: "Poles wanted Claypool when Tomlin hated his work ethic. Poles wanted Davis when Vrabel hated his work ethic. Poles didn't want Jalen Carter because of his character concerns. What exactly IS his philosophy on players and why is he so inconsistent?"

Not sure.  On small sample size, it seems to be a divide on weight of red flags between college prospects and guys already in nfl.

I get that to some extent.  This guy has some issues, but we know he still shows out on tape at this level already.  So risk is less.

But Claypool has a much smaller resume than Davis as far as on field plus performances and consistency.  And if he (Claypool) isn’t going to bring it in a contract year he just doesn’t have it in him.

One game this year so far.  He can still turn it around. We’ll see what happens.