Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

If you're Eberflus or Poles, it's time to start thinking about salvage value on Velus Jones Jr. The guy isn't an offensive football player and might not be a football player at all. He can't hold the ball, and he probably is afraid of getting hit which is causing the issue. 

If I'm in charge, I'm seeing if he can play CB or S. It's a longshot, but unless the guy is going to have a Matthew Slater-level impact on ST, there's no way he's sticking as a WR. And if he can't convert to defense, I'm seeing if I can get literally any draft pick for him. Past that, I'm letting him take up space on some other team's roster. I'm not wasting any more practice reps on him.

Edited by chisoxguy7

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If you're Eberflus or Poles, it's time to start thinking about salvage value on Velus Jones Jr. The guy isn't an offensive football player and might not be a football player at all. He can't hold the ball, and he probably is afraid of getting hit which is causing the issue. 

If I'm in charge, I'm seeing if he can play CB or S. It's a longshot, but unless the guy is going to have a Matthew Slater-level impact on ST, there's no way he's sticking as a WR. And if he can't convert to defense, I'm seeing if I can get literally any draft pick for him. Past that, I'm letting him take up space on some other team's roster. I'm not wasting any more practice reps on him.

Reverse Hestering it? He doesn’t seem reactive enough for DB tbh. You guys might make a joke about this, but with his speed and title of being a football player, we might consider putting him at qb

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Reverse Hestering it? He doesn’t seem reactive enough for DB tbh. You guys might make a joke about this, but with his speed and title of being a football player, we might consider putting him at qb

Plenty of CBs who are CBs because they can't catch!

14 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If I'm in charge, I'm seeing if he can play CB or S

why though? is he going to be a better CB or S than the other guys that are already on the roster? a much wiser move, if you were to make it, would be to make him a RB like Ty Montgomery or Cordarelle Patterson - then he still gets the ball in his hands while removing the "catch" aspect

58 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

why though? is he going to be a better CB or S than the other guys that are already on the roster? a much wiser move, if you were to make it, would be to make him a RB like Ty Montgomery or Cordarelle Patterson - then he still gets the ball in his hands while removing the "catch" aspect

I don't think he wants to take hits and I'm not risking him fumbling the ball. You are probably right though that it's time to move on.

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't think he wants to take hits and I'm not risking him fumbling the ball. You are probably right though that it's time to move on.

If he’s afraid of being hit, i have a hard time believing he’d be able to deliver hits effectively too.

• Like 1