Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

On 7/21/2023 at 8:23 AM, AZBearsFan said:

I love that he has that swagger to him. He said day 1 that he was “built for this” and he’s certainly showing all the intangibles. If we can get the OSU passing version of Fields at this level he legitimately has the potential to be the most dangerous player in the entire NFL, and he knows it. WR athletic ability with LB size and precision passing ability is Madden create-a-player stuff. 

Idk if people remember, but this time last year, Fields was asked if he felt they were ready to play a game, and he flat out said no.  This year, "I'm definitely in the top 5" of running QBs all time.  "For sure" going to pass for 4000 yards and "plan on doing it this year".  This reminds me of the off season after tOSU lost to Clemson in the playoff.  Nobody can question his talent, it's elite tier kind of rare.  He has to back it up, bc nobody is going to care for any excuses, but there is something just different about him.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, Ty21 said:

Keep extending the deadline and you will eventually be right. 

there are rumblings were talking to former Steelers slot corner Arthur Maulet 

I still don't know which player(s) would have been theoretically involved... just that Bears staff members where suddenly sent out of town for something, and that it couldn't be said which town they where going to (as in "I couldn't be told", not as in "they don't know where the staff was going") . My assumption was a bigger name signing since there was a lot of cloak and dagger.... but yeah, not seeing anything hinting that direction or even hearing rumors that would hint that way this week, so all in all likely a big nothing burger. There's also the distinct possibility that my person could have just been feeding me BS to mess with me.  ./shrug

2 minutes ago, Epyon said:

they don't know where the staff was going

This just put amazing ideas in my head. A scouting staff that never knows where the player they’re scouting is. “He’s not in Scottsdale either, Bob” “yep, didn’t see him in Juneau either” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

This just put amazing ideas in my head. A scouting staff that never knows where the player they’re scouting is. “He’s not in Scottsdale either, Bob” “yep, didn’t see him in Juneau either

Scouts get sent places all the time.... it's not really news or speculation worthy.

fwiw I also never implied my person  was part of the group being sent, just that a number of staff where being sent out of town.

Regardless, it's all likely a big nothing burger at this point, if there was any real fire, we'd have seen some smoke by now. It's been too long for there to be nothing.

Edited by Epyon