Bears hire Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren as team President and CEO

RaidersAreOne

Not sure how his role will be defined with the Bears.  Ted Phillips was in that role for like 40 years and he never seemed to have much of a role in the football side of things, purely business.  From what I’ve read Warren oversaw the Vikings new stadium project when he served as their COO, so that’s would obviously be a huge positive for the Bears given their current stadium situation.

If his role is the same as Ted Phillips, this thread title may as well read “Bears hire businessman.”  But if he is given more control over the football side, it could make things a little more interesting in Chicago.  He’s inheriting a team with a GM and HC he didn’t hire coming off a season worthy of the 1st overall pick.  Bears have a huge opportunity in front of them to turn things around, but with a new boss in town they might be under the microscope even more.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do they get draft picks for this hire?

I think you only get picks if someone was part of your staff for at least 2 years then then they get hired elsewhere. Like if the Bears Assistant GM Ian Cunningham takes the AZ or TEN job the Bears won't get anything because he has only been with them for one year. But I don't think either of them get anything added either.

I may be wrong but if I am someone will be VERY fast to correct me. lol

• Like 1