Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

25 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Yeah I’ll for sure run GB if you’re not super eager to.. if not I’ll take someone else

Sorry man, just gave the team so someone that was on the waiting list.  Be happy to put you on the list if someone else decides to drop out.

If Green Bay drops the asking price on a Rodgers trade, that would really open things up for them. The real life team wants to move on to Love, so dumping the Rodgers cap hit is the main benefit of the trade, not whichever pick they get. Take a mid round pick this year plus a conditional next and don't look back.

30 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If Green Bay drops the asking price on a Rodgers trade, that would really open things up for them. The real life team wants to move on to Love, so dumping the Rodgers cap hit is the main benefit of the trade, not whichever pick they get. Take a mid round pick this year plus a conditional next and don't look back.

I swear if Rodgers goes for a mid-round this year and a future 1st that'd be messed up. I would cry so much being a cap strapped team that already has a QB.

33 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm not sure what the asking price was?

Regardless,  there are several layers in play.

1.  No post June 1st trade option in TCMD

2. limited restructures and allotment amount limits how much cap can be shifted to do a trade and take the full dead cap in 2023

3.  1 year mock often has player trade values much different than real life

4.  It is pure speculation on what GB wants to do for 2023 at QB

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm not sure what the asking price was?

Regardless,  there are several layers in play.

1.  No post June 1st trade option in TCMD

2. limited restructures and allotment amount limits how much cap can be shifted to do a trade and take the full dead cap in 2023

3.  1 year mock often has player trade values much different than real life

4.  It is pure speculation on what GB wants to do for 2023 at QB

How many teams have the cap space to take Rodgers?  What is his cap after trade to the new team?