Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Draft and free agency. We don't get bored until the stretch between may and tc 

Those are OK IMO, but its a long 7 months until Week 1 and then another 5 months until the SB

We have the division championships, NFCCG appearances, SB appearance. SB win is all that's left and we have to wait 12 months until the next one. And no guarantees either

I really feel it on Sundays. M-F is work, Saturday is social stuff. But Sunday is usually the day i stay in and its just going to suck to not watch football, and have the way this season ended hang over us fans until we can get another shot. 

Edited by 49ersfan

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Those are OK IMO, but its a long 7 months until Week 1 and then another 5 months until the SB

We have the division championships, NFCCG appearances, SB appearance. SB win is all that's left and we have to wait 12 months until the next one. And no guarantees either

I really feel it on Sundays. M-F is work, Saturday is social stuff. But Sunday is usually the day i stay in and its just going to suck to not watch football, and have the way this season ended hang over us fans until we can get another shot. 

Not only that, but I don't us being big factors in free agency and we don't have a draft pick until the late 3rd round. Going to be more dead than usual this offseason, even during the draft process. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not only that, but I don't us being big factors in free agency and we don't have a draft pick until the late 3rd round. Going to be more dead than usual this offseason, even during the draft process. 

We can always talk about MRI results…..seems to happen more often then not with this team.

• Like 2

I can see this. May be an upgrade in the pass blocking department to be honest. 

I don't see the team re-signing Ebukam either and instead signing Omenihu and starting him opposite Bosa. If we are going to try to add an pure edge rusher, then someone like Houston makes a lot of sense. 

Burford will need to grow up and take the next step and then we should be okay at OL. He had a very rough game yesterday but going up against the studs he did, it wasn't surprising at all. 

And we have Poe/Zekelj waiting in the wings. Would not be surprised if one or both of them start next season. 

This draft has to be about getting more DL depth and grabbing another safety. Not many other needs. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Random, but this comment from a 49ers fan elsewhere was a bit sad. Stemmed from a discussion talking about the playoff losses over the years. 

I can see this perspective. People had the same takes about the Warriors finally getting that first ring. Didn't really take away the heartbreak of previous seasons, and it was more so relief for some compared to utter joy. 

Sucks, but 9 months is a long time to build up hope again for a lot of people. Even the OGs. 

It's all a part of being a fan.

No one was shedding a tear for us in the 80's/90's.

Every fan has to endure some tough stretches and some lean years.

I'd rather us be competitive and come up just short here & there than to trade places with the Lions or Browns fanbase these last 30 years.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thoughts on how we'll handle the Safety positions? With Ward and Gibson both FAs?

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on how we'll handle the Safety positions? With Ward and Gibson both FAs?

I'd be surprised if Gipson isn't back. He's long in the tooth, but he should be cheap. There are some very interesting safies who are free agents though. 

I would love to make a huge run at jessie bates this off season as our one big free agent splash, but I'm not sure that they would go that route.

I would expect Gipson + draft pick + low tier FA who plays special teams 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if Gipson isn't back. He's long in the tooth, but he should be cheap. There are some very interesting safies who are free agents though. 

I would love to make a huge run at jessie bates this off season as our one big free agent splash, but I'm not sure that they would go that route.

I would expect Gipson + draft pick + low tier FA who plays special teams 

Julian Love is a name also. I don't think he played a true FS role but I believe he was mainly their slot CB? Would be a name to watch out for to replace Ward but I'd also like to see Womack in the slot role next year...

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Julian Love is a name also. I don't think he played a true FS role but I believe he was mainly their slot CB? Would be a name to watch out for to replace Ward but I'd also like to see Womack in the slot role next year...

Thats "Former Forge 49er shadow draft superstar" Julian Love! 

On 4/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, Forge said:

Here is my final tally. I kept the Watson trade, kept the 4th round trade down. 

Rd 1 - Nick Bosa

Rd 2 - Deebo Samuel

Rd 3 - Julian Love

Rd 4 - Drue Tranquill

Rd 5- D'Andre Walker

Rd 6 - Mitch Hyatt

Rd 6 - Emanuel Hall

Rd 6 - Donald Parham

• Like 1

Part of me wonders what Shanahan's plan in the big game would have been if they somehow managed to pull it off even without Purdy, say CMC and Deebo do more of what he did on that TD run and the defense doesn't get worn out and commit as many penalties and keeps locking down Hurts and company. Hope Jimmy's good to go in two weeks? Hope Johnson recovers from his concussion and pray that he can help the offense score enough points to beat Mahomes? Desperately try to sign someone still available/lure someone out of retirement and hope they can learn the playbook in two weeks?

Edited by jonnguy2015

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Part of me wonders what Shanahan's plan in the big game would have been if they somehow managed to pull it off even without Purdy, say CMC and Deebo do more of what he did on that TD run and the defense doesn't get worn out and commit as many penalties and keeps locking down Hurts and company. Hope Jimmy's good to go in two weeks? Hope Johnson recovers from his concussion and pray that he can help the offense score enough points to beat Mahomes? Desperately try to sign someone still available/lure someone out of retirement and hope they can learn the playbook in two weeks?

Jimmy would have started. No doubt. He was cleared to start practicing (if needed) right before this game,  I believe, and they would have had a 2 week window. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So on the play Purdy got hurt??? My goodness, look at the route Aiyuk runs and with Bradberry slipping, that may have been a TD. Just supppperrrrr unfortunate on that play all around.

Just a split second longer for Purdy to throw and Reddick probably catches his arm at a different angle, possibly preventing the injury, and Aiyuk ties the game up.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Just a split second longer for Purdy to throw and Reddick probably catches his arm at a different angle, possibly preventing the injury, and Aiyuk ties the game up.

He absolutely caught it at the worst possible time. Like if he is little earlier or a little later its either just a sack or just a incompletion or even a completion.. Now his elbow gets jammed leading to the injury. It sucks but its also those fine margins that make a play like that work. Just a shame it had to happen in the first drive and Johnson not even being able to execute the basics.

• Like 1