Who wins?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Chiefs
    • America
    • Carl Cheffers… please not Cheffers

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

Life...is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctoral gift that no one ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with mostly undefinable whipped mint crap, mindlessly wolfed down when there's nothing else to eat while you're watching the game.

Sure, once in a while you get a peanut butter cup or an English toffee but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting.

In the end, you're left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts, which if you are desperate enough to eat leaves nothing but an empty box of useless brown paper wrappers.

I hope not.  This is Mahomes' ankle we are referencing here.  I want to win, but not see anyone maimed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, adamq said:

Life...is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctoral gift that no one ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're stuck with mostly undefinable whipped mint crap, mindlessly wolfed down when there's nothing else to eat while you're watching the game.

Sure, once in a while you get a peanut butter cup or an English toffee but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting.

In the end, you're left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts, which if you are desperate enough to eat leaves nothing but an empty box of useless brown paper wrappers.

Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC Europe

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I hope not.  This is Mahomes' ankle we are referencing here.  I want to win, but not see anyone maimed.

Despite it not seeming that way initially I feel Andy would protect Patty from himself in the event he looks like he's struggling with the ankle. I think the only reason he didn't pull him right away, when it happened, is because they thought he just got stepped on. (I saw a mic'd up where OBjr said as much). And Pat isn't gonna come out if he can help it.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:18 AM, AAA1980 said:

Saw something about comparing the Bengals to last years Chiefs team and they think last years Chiefs team lost because of fatigue and so well thr Bengals because of one day less rest lol.

These are freak athletes they aren’t fatigued from one day less rest.

And the Chiefs didn’t lose because of fatigue they lost because of messing up by the goal line before halftime or that game is over 

Starts season 4-4.

"They peaked too early."

On 1/27/2023 at 6:56 AM, elevators_rule said:

To me GOAT is a combination of achievements+skill. You can't be the GOAT with 0 rings, even if it's a team sport.

Best player is different, and skews much more towards just raw ability and personal performance. For example, there's a strong argument that Rodgers has been better than Brady as a QB throughout a lot of his career, but I certainly would never consider Rodgers the GOAT. When you make these comparisons, they are big picture comparisons for a reason. Brady wasn't special 2000-2005 from a skill perspective, but he won rings. 2006-2015 Brady put up the personal performance/dominance. Big picture = Brady GOAT. You remove either of those, and it's perhaps not the case.

The earlier in someones career you compare players, the less meaningful it is to make any claims or predictions, which is why it's hard to really speak on behalf of Mahomes in a way other than meaningless fun/banter. If he retired tomorrow, he wouldn't even be HoF. If he plays out the rest of his career and wins 0 more rings, even with an incredible individual career performance, I wouldn't consider him the GOAT by my definition, even if he was a better raw QB than Brady. If he wins a few more rings and keeps up some level of dominance over a period of time, he could very well pass Brady.

I'd argue he would make the hall of fame - if Kurt Warner did, surely Mahomes has done enough - their accomplishments would be shockingly similar.

As for the GOAT argument, that's why I said he was on track. I agree he would have to win more Super Bowls - but I also think we all need to acknowledge has fluky winning is in the NFL, period.

If Dee Ford doesn't line up offsides, if Seattle hands off to Lynch and if the Falcons don't have the most embarrassing letdown in NFL history, Brady would have won four rings. And there are more examples of how luck has played into Brady getting to or winning a Super Bowl.

And I don't say any of that to discredit him - in a lot of cases his greatness put stress on the opponent that obviously impacted the so called luck.

So for me, Mahomes is on track to surpass Brady - what does "on track" mean? It means he probably needs to win at least three Super Bowls and play for at least 15 seasons, passing at least some of Brady's bulk stat records. But I do think Mahomes is on track to do all that, hence why I said that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd argue he would make the hall of fame - if Kurt Warner did, surely Mahomes has done enough - their accomplishments would be shockingly similar.

As for the GOAT argument, that's why I said he was on track. I agree he would have to win more Super Bowls - but I also think we all need to acknowledge has fluky winning is in the NFL, period.

If Dee Ford doesn't line up offsides, if Seattle hands off to Lynch and if the Falcons don't have the most embarrassing letdown in NFL history, Brady would have won four rings. And there are more examples of how luck has played into Brady getting to or winning a Super Bowl.

And I don't say any of that to discredit him - in a lot of cases his greatness put stress on the opponent that obviously impacted the so called luck.

So for me, Mahomes is on track to surpass Brady - what does "on track" mean? It means he probably needs to win at least three Super Bowls and play for at least 15 seasons, passing at least some of Brady's bulk stat records. But I do think Mahomes is on track to do all that, hence why I said that.

Sure but luck goes both ways even for someone like Brady.

If Eli doesn’t make a insane escape and David Tyree catching the bell off his helmet and even before that if Asante Samuel doesn’t drop a game ending int Brady wins another one 

If Reche Caldwell doesn’t drop an easy first down against Indy in the AFC title game the Pats might  beat the Colts and would have definitely beat a Rex Grossman led Bears in the SB.

If Wes Welker makes a wide open catch(it wasn’t a great pass by Brady tbf)for a first down in the 2nd SB against the Giants they more then likely win that game 

It all evens out 

Edited by AAA1980