BDL 2017 Week 12: Charleston Dingos @ London Knights

MD4L

Who Wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Charleston Dingos
    • London Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 12:

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decision.

Charleston Offense:

QB1: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Golden Tate 
WR2: Rishard Matthews - [Q]
TE: Jimmy Graham 
TE2: Julius Thomas
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Cody Whitehair
C:  Mitch Morse
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Nate Solder

Bench:
FB: Andy Janovich
RB2: Demarco Murray
RB3: Buck Allen
WR3: Randall Cobb 
WR4: Kendall Wright
WR5: Mike Williams
OL6: Kelvin Beachum
OL7: A.Q Shipley

Charleston Defense:

LDE: Derrick Morgan 
3T:  Malik Jackson
DT:  Leonard Williams
RDE: Shane Ray
WLB: Lavonte David
MLB: Myles Jack
CB1: Marcus Peters 
CB2: Brandon Carr
CB3: Stephon Gilmore -[Q]
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Micah Hyde

Bench:

SLB: Paul Poslusky
RLB: Thomas Davis
DE3: Mario Addison
DT3: Brandon Mebane
DT4: Johnathan Bullard
CB4: Steven Nelson
CB5: Ross Cockrell
S3:  Ricardo Allen

London Lineup:

QB- Marcus Mariota
RB- CJ Anderson
WR- Brandin Cooks
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Marqise Lee
TE- Delanie Walker
LT- Eric Fisher
LG- Kyle Long
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

-----------------------------
RB- Ty Montgomery
RB- Darren McFadden
WR- John Brown
WR- JJ Nelson
WR- Willie Snead
WR- Donte Moncrief
OL- Dion Dawkins
OL- Cole Toner

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Marcel Dareus
DT- Kyle Williams
DE- Jerry Hughes
LB- Kwon Alexander
LB- Mark Barron
LB- Karlos Dansby
CB- Tre'Davious White
CB- Malcolm Butler
S- Earl Thomas
S- Tony Jefferson

-------------------------------------

CB- Joe Haden
CB- Rashard Robinson
DE- Jordan Willis
CB- Adoree Jackson
DT- Maliek Collins
S- Miles Killebrew
S- Justin Evans

Charleston

Motivation: We're 4-7 and we're determined to try and ruin as many seasons as possible.

Charleston Offensive Strategy: We're going to come out and pick apart London's secondary and use our running game to wear them out later in the game.

The Passing Strategy: We'll feature 2 TE sets as our base offense and we'll make sure to get Graham and Thomas involved heavily in the passing game and the running game, I'd expect Graham will get 10+ targets and be Rivers main threat in the passing game. Golden Tate and friends should also get quite a few looks and we'll make sure to use Gordon as much as possible before he tears his ACL. London's secondary boasts a solid pair of safeties but a pretty solid trio at CB, however their D-line and LBs are fairly good so we'll try and make adjustments based on what they do this week. With Rivers playing as well as he is we won't be afraid to take deep shots against London's defense. 

The Running Strategy: We're going to come out running the ball quite a bit and use Gordon+Murray as the gears to grind out London's D-line so they'll tire out quicker and we can take advantage of that in the second half, I'd expect my o-line to keep Rivers well protected and open some decent holes for my RBs.

TDLR: Run the Ball, Throw the Ball, Win.

Charleston Defensive Strategy: Shut down the run, Control the LOS, Get Pressure on Brissett. 

The Defensive Passing Strategy: Marcus Peters will cover their no.1 WR, Brandon Carr will cover their no.2 WR, Stephon Gilmore will man the slot and we'll make sure to try and take away London's WRs in the passing game. We'll play a variety of coverages and mix it up with some man and zone and we'll use hyde as a dime DB on occassion as well.

The Run Defense: We'll make sure to shut down London's running game and focus on getting pressure on Marc "The most intresting man in football" Mariota, we'll rotate our d-line to keep them fresh and adjust our defensive formation based on what is needed for the situation. We'll also rotate Shane Ray in with Mario Addison on obvious running downs and use Ray more as a stand up rush linebacker to take advantage of his talent more.

TDLR: Stop the run, Control the LOS, Get turnovers.

London Gameplan:

Offense
Shotgun Spread- We are going to utilize the shotgun heavily in this matchup, and spread out their defense. This will give Mariota a better chance to find the open man and we like the speed of our receivers to be able to get separation. We'll also run a variety of rub routes and wide receiver screens, focusing on getting into space for our playmakers to thrive. Lots of short and intermediate routes are going to be utilized, to tire out the defense.

Trust the Offensive Line- We feel that we have a strength in our offensive line, and we want to take advantage of it this game. Having spread the field with 3 receivers should clear out the box some, and Walker will go out wide too. We like our big boys up from to win their matchups and execute double team blocks up to the second level with success. CJ Anderson will be the primary back this game, and should find good success with his one cut and go. Once he gets rolling it'll allow Mariota to have more success with the playaction pass.

Take Some Deep Shots- With a quick spread passing game, we will look to take some deep shots over the top once the defense inches up to take away the shorter passes. Cooks will be the primary target.

Defense
4-3 Base 1 Safety High- If Rome comes out with a 3 wide set we will counter with our nickel package having Adoree Jackson in the slot. Jackson has really improved over the past several weeks and has the speed to handle anyone in the slot. Having Earl Thomas back is a huge boost for our defense, and will allow us to play Tony Jefferson near the line to prevent Gordon from getting going.

Blitzes- With Earl Thomas back, we are going to be a lot more liberal with blitzes in this matchup. We will trust to leave our corners in man coverage the majority of the time, but we'll throw in a number of zone coverage blitzes to get quick pressure on Rivers, and not give him time to shred us.. We will use a variety of blitzers, including our DBs, and drop our DEs into the flats if they try to perform some quick passes.

Move Mack Around- We know that they know we have Khalil Mack. We are going to give him as many opportunities to pass rush 1 on 1 as possible. We will move him around on both the left and right side of the line, we'll have blitzes coming from the opposite side to ensure we punish them if they doubled Mack, and when we want 7 in the box and take a DB out, we'll go with a 5-2 primary look, adding Collins to the interior, having Williams slide over and keeping Hughes and Mack on the edges, although at times we'll take Mack off the line and disguise where he'll be coming from.

On 26/11/2017 at 6:45 AM, MD4L said:

London's secondary boasts a solid pair of safeties but a pretty solid trio at CB, however their D-line and LBs are fairly good so we'll try and make adjustments based on what they do this week.

What does this mean Dingo?

Anyway with 8 men in the box, London have a good shot at stopping the run. However their crappy linebackers might allow a big play or two. Rivers is balling right now but London solid coverage unit might make it hard for him. On the other side I really like London OL and, despite Mariota inconsistencies and CJ recent struggles, I think it gives London enough clean plays to execute their offense. I think this one goes to OT so I'll give it to the home squad. London 30-27 in OT

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

What does this mean Dingo?

Anyway with 8 men in the box, London have a good shot at stopping the run. However their crappy linebackers might allow a big play or two. Rivers is balling right now but London solid coverage unit might make it hard for him. On the other side I really like London OL and, despite Mariota inconsistencies and CJ recent struggles, I think it gives London enough clean plays to execute their offense. I think this one goes to OT so I'll give it to the home squad. London 30-27 in OT

I'm not entirely sure but I'll just say it means we'll adjust who we attack depending on the defensive scheme they use this week. I.E if they use man coverage we'll try and take advantage of that by using play action. Probably should've written more detail into it but I was lazy this week.

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i haven't gone through enough to vote here, but the motivation of trying to ruin seasons when the team you're playing is 0-10 makes me chuckle

Probably should've changed it to something about the proper way to make tea or something. 

Archived