The Lamar offseason talk thread

diamondbull424

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

The willingness to watch a generational talent leave for unproven draft picks is insane to me. Seeing it on here and twitter is truly fascinating to me.

If it’s true that we’re $100 million apart what are we going to do? The only way he’s going to come off it is to see what other teams are willing to pay him. And if I put my fandom aside and remember they’re real people, if he can make an extra $100 million idk that I want to stop him.

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If it’s true that we’re $100 million apart what are we going to do? The only way he’s going to come off it is to see what other teams are willing to pay him. And if I put my fandom aside and remember they’re real people, if he can make an extra $100 million idk that I want to stop him.

It's not true. It was a regurgitated talking point from last year. It wasn't even reporting, it was just using something from last year to make it seem like something was happening new this year.

I mean, if we were that far apart on Lamar's contract and didn't think he would be back, why would we involve him heavily in the OC search?

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's not true. It was a regurgitated talking point from last year. It wasn't even reporting, it was just using something from last year to make it seem like something was happening new this year.

I mean, if we were that far apart on Lamar's contract and didn't think he would be back, why would we involve him heavily in the OC search?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

1. I did not know about this.

2. I do not like this.

3. Why are we doing this to ourselves?

I think it falls on the other side of the negotiating table personally. Seems like he wants his fully guaranteed record setting contract and it seems like he's not gonna budge on that so far. Is what it is. Doubt we give that to him so it'll depend on if he wants to compromise. 

6 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

That's fair.

@Ray Reed LJ8 said run him his coins. With each passing day him getting traded becomes a reality. But I was firmly in that camp anyway after Biscotti started talking. That's when I knew it was the end of the LJ8 era in Baltimore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Sometimes you ask people for ideas and then if they suggest something you were going to do anyway you make them feel like you value their opinion. Even if you don’t use their idea you made a gesture. Idk if that’s what it is. I hope you’re right. But it’s one of those mind tricks that people managers try to play.

Did they say he was heavily involved or just involved?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Sometimes you ask people for ideas and then if they suggest something you were going to do anyway you make them feel like you value their opinion. Even if you don’t use their idea you made a gesture. Idk if that’s what it is. I hope you’re right. But it’s one of those mind tricks that people managers try to play.

Did they say he was heavily involved or just involved?

This

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In addition Lamar also refuted these reports based off his own admission. We were offering him $160-180m in guarantees, which if the $230m is the target we were more like $50-60m apart in guarantees.

What’s more the team and Lamar has been negotiating for less than a year when you consider he shutdown negotiations during the season. Not very long. So now that the OC search is done, we can imagine that hardcore negotiations will now take place.

Beyond that I think any notions of feeling any sort of way until AT LEAST March is very premature. I didn’t think we would complete the OC search until roughly 2/16 and we completed it on 2/14.

I wouldn’t anticipate Lamar and the Ravens to get a deal done until around 3/3.

Each side is going to want to wait until the last second to see if the other side will budge a smidge in negotiations. So it only makes sense that if the tag deadline is 3/7 (Tuesday), that the prior week the sides will likely want a deal done or else no what they’re getting themselves into with exploring a trade and/or playing on the tag. Also enough time to not make mistakes in filed paperwork I’d imagine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What's fair realistic compensation for Lamar, would you say? I got called a troll for suggesting 44, 75, 110, 113, 24 1st, 24 2nd, 25 2nd that could be a first with playoffs, which I would assume is reasonable if traded to the AFCS. 

Id switch the 24 1st to this year’s first. We’d def want some legit ammo in the first this year to potentially draft one of the 3-4 first round QBs

That or Arthur Blank’s haunted mansion

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Id switch the 24 1st to this year’s first. We’d def want some legit ammo in the first this year to potentially draft one of the 3-4 first round QBs

That or Arthur Blank’s haunted mansion

I considered that though thought that would eliminate the third and two fourths this year, another first and maybe more. I just don't think he's gonna fetch what people think. I could see #8, #44, 24 1st. He's been injured and will be the highest paid QBish in the league as a running QB hitting his second contract. I believe there Ravens do trade him, though. They just need one patsy, fwiw.

• Like 1