2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

55 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Coughlin and Dave Caldwell are still employed by the Jags? Who knew.

This is pretty well documented as well. All fell out because he didn’t feel valued and we weren’t willing to pay him early. The beef was all with the FO.

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mixon is a rather underwhelming running back, imo. Never quite took off to the next level. He's just a fine starting running back. 

Dude averages 4.1 YPC without a stacked box with that trio of receivers with Burrow. He’s pretty lousy to be honest.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mixon is a rather underwhelming running back, imo. Never quite took off to the next level. He's just a fine starting running back. 

Mixon is exactly the RB you don't pay. I'm not fully in the don't pay RBs camp, I think it can be fine with Kamara or CMC types who are crucial to the passing game, or guys like Henry or Chubb that are basically the identity of their teams' offense, but Mixon is exactly the kind of guy whose contributions can be replaced with low draft capital or a guy off the street. Like 5 or 6 teams went with rookie RBs and got better production out of them this year, and none went in the first round. And that's not even counting Breece Hall.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Dude averages 4.1 YPC without a stacked box with that trio of receivers with Burrow. He’s pretty lousy to be honest.

I wouldn't call him lousy....Id call him painfully average with a weak OLine.

Either way, not a RB anyone should invest heavy resources in.

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

I wouldn't call him lousy....Id call him painfully average with a weak OLine.

Either way, not a RB anyone should invest heavy resources in.

You're a lot nicer than I am. I personally don't at all buy the weak OL excuse for him as it cancels out the fact that he faces almost 0 "stacked boxes", which are largely different from dudes like Henry and Chubb who have both excelled against stacked boxes and with bad OL at points in their careers as well (2019 for Chubb stands out for example).

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 5:52 AM, CP3MVP said:

Sports fans are funny. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montana have all been traded but no one thinks it can happen to a star on their team lol. 

Obviously it could happen, but why would it? There's no reason for us to give Ramsey away when our main core still has another run in them. If Stafford/AD retired then sure, but we're not saving enough money this year by moving him to warrant selling just to sell. 

If we get an offer we can't refuse then we'll take it, but that can be said for any player on any team.