2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"BUT HOW ARE THESE TEAMS JUST INSTANTLY BEING OUT ON HIM?????" - all of Twitter right now

you mean teams don't spend multiple hours going over different scenarios and planning on routes to add players at many positions?

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

you mean teams don't spend multiple hours going over different scenarios and planning on routes to add players at many positions?

More accurately, they don't wait until 3:30pm EST on franchise tag day to consider these various scenarios. These teams have had these discussions already and gone through this planning well in advance so that if they wanted to go in on Lamar Jackson they'd be ready to go at 3:30pm EST today.

People are drumming up a narrative of collusion because they don't want to admit that Lamar isn't worth a fully gtd contract AND 2 FRP's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Given we've seen the appetizer domino's fall in DJ, Carr, and Geno Smith get their deals.

What are we really expecting for Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, and Lamar AAV at this point?

I think Lamar gets done first of the Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, and Lamar group. I think he'll be 48 to 50, I think Eagles will rush Hurts to get in before Burrow deal around 50 or whatever barely tops Lamar APY. Burrow and Herbert play a waiting game and set around 55-57 but more years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

More accurately, they don't wait until 3:30pm EST on franchise tag day to consider these various scenarios. These teams have had these discussions already and gone through this planning well in advance so that if they wanted to go in on Lamar Jackson they'd be ready to go at 3:30pm EST today.

People are drumming up a narrative of collusion because they don't want to admit that Lamar isn't worth a fully gtd contract AND 2 FRP's

correct.   but there are a lot of mediocre IQ people in the world and twitter has no minimum threshold to meet when it comes to that.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't necessarily agree with the full blown conspiracy theory going around, but it is a little odd to me. Not that teams are out on Lamar, but how many teams are like....vocally out on Lamar. Like, you look at Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr for rumors this offseason, you hear that the Jets are interested and that the Saints are interested, you don't see an instant list of teams that are confirmed to be not interested. You didn't see the report, "Dolphins are not interested in Derek Carr," you just kind of see silence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't necessarily agree with the full blown conspiracy theory going around, but it is a little odd to me. Not that teams are out on Lamar, but how many teams are like....vocally out on Lamar. Like, you look at Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr for rumors this offseason, you hear that the Jets are interested and that the Saints are interested, you don't see an instant list of teams that are confirmed to be not interested. You didn't see the report, "Dolphins are not interested in Derek Carr," you just kind of see silence.

what teams say and what teams do are often not equivalent.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

they're out until they hear he's changed his list of demands

Exactly, if he was willing to accept a reasonable contract teams would be lining up to talk to him but no one is going to give him the time of day when he's asking to be paid more money than Mahomes when Lamar hasn't even performed at a top tier level since 3 years ago.

Especially with him wanting a fully guaranteed contract when he's been injured both of the last two seasons and has a playing style that makes him far more likely to get injured then the average QB.