2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

There was a lot of chatter right before FA started that he'd wind up in KC since Henne called it a career.

Eh. I saw the report when it came out, I didn't see the fit and I still don't now. Veach loves his first round reclamation projects, but ever since Reid has got here, he's basically always had a starting QB, a veteran journeyman style backup (Daniel, Foles, Henne, Moore) with the occasional developmental guy if we roll with a third (Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Shane Buechele.) Wentz doesn't fit in with either group, and runs against the type of player we've basically always had as the #2, which is a reliable but unremarkable vet, who is an intelligent voice in the room, and can run a really scripted, conservative offense if desperation calls. Three times in his career Mahomes has missed a small amount of time, and each time we've remained in competition, and arguably the driver's seat of the conference, because the next guy up has been a veteran who can maintain control, make accurate on-time passes, and not **** everything up. Wentz is NOT that guy. So I can't see him as our #2. And he'll be too expensive to be our #3. So I just don't see it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Eh. I saw the report when it came out, I didn't see the fit and I still don't now. Veach loves his first round reclamation projects, but ever since Reid has got here, he's basically always had a starting QB, a veteran journeyman style backup (Daniel, Foles, Henne, Moore) with the occasional developmental guy if we roll with a third (Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Shane Buechele.) Wentz doesn't fit in with either group, and runs against the type of player we've basically always had as the #2, which is a reliable but unremarkable vet, who is an intelligent voice in the room, and can run a really scripted, conservative offense if desperation calls. Three times in his career Mahomes has missed a small amount of time, and each time we've remained in competition, and arguably the driver's seat of the conference, because the next guy up has been a veteran who can maintain control, make accurate on-time passes, and not **** everything up. Wentz is NOT that guy. So I can't see him as our #2. And he'll be too expensive to be our #3. So I just don't see it.

I agree with ya, I wasn't advocating for the guy, just passing along the "chatter". Iirc there was even some kind of Vegas odds thing placing him in KC lol. Not really sure who that de facto vet could be at this point.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Where are the trades for Hopkins, Cooks, etc?

Small chatter on the Cooks front. Anticipate some more info before 4/1/23… no real details though, just hearing people are calling.

I think the deal will be similar to Amari Cooper to Cleveland; Just take the money off the books and pitch back whatever in terms of compensation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Small chatter on the Cooks front. Anticipate some more info before 4/1/23… no real details though, just hearing people are calling.

I think the deal will be similar to Amari Cooper to Cleveland; Just take the money off the books and pitch back whatever in terms of compensation.

Is he the most/least appreciated player in recent times?  He has never moved the needle for me as a fan but teams clearly disagree, passing him around for first round picks. Weigh in as the fan of a team he’s actually played for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Is he the most/least appreciated player in recent times?  He has never moved the needle for me as a fan but teams clearly disagree, passing him around for first round picks. Weigh in as the fan of a team he’s actually played for. 

I really like him as a player, a crafty WR with some really good speed - but he doesn’t want to be in Houston, so guess he’s on the move.