Was Patrick Mahomes hit out of bounds?

mdonnelly21

It was pretty clear. They call that every time when it's a QB. Maybe half the time when it's a non-QB.

Also, even if they don't call it, we would've had 8 seconds to get like 5 to 10 yards. Butker's kick had room to spare. Still would've had a shot.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

It is one of the lamer ways to go out though, advancing the ball to scoring position for something that "didn't affect the game", even if it was the right call. I guess it would have been worse if it was a negative play, like a sack but body weight roughing passer, instead of a first down run.

A correct call is a correct call. Should it have only been a Penalty if Mahomes had gotten injured "effecting" his ability to play in OT?

It was 100% a late hit when he pushed him, just like the Jalen Hurts Personal foul late hit out of bounds. Boneheaded mistake.

Of all the calls to potentially complain about, this not one of them IMO.

Edited by Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The problem is consistency. There isn't any consistency in calls. By the book, that was a late hit. But to me, discretion wise, the dude did everything he could to the point of injuring himself to get mostly out of the way of hitting Mahomes. To me there was not intention of hitting him to hurt him out of bounds. Is that really worth calling to determine a game? Idk. So many calls just don't make sense.

Idk. Just stinks a bit to see it end that way. 

If the refs are gonna call Dee Ford for being a few inches offside in the AFCCG, they’re gonna call a late hit here. Doesn’t matter if it “affects the play,” blatant penalties need to be called

Man it was dumb by the Bengals player.  Pushing him in the middle of the back when he is out of bounds... why do it?

But **** it was also a ****ty way to end such an important game.

I feel sorry for the Bengals player. He would feel terrible.

17 minutes ago, Fish said:

Man it was dumb by the Bengals player.  Pushing him in the middle of the back when he is out of bounds... why do it?

But **** it was also a ****ty way to end such an important game.

I feel sorry for the Bengals player. He would feel terrible.

This.

People are upset because it's not a fun way to end that game. But it's OBVIOUSLY the correct call. Some folks are trying to play make believe to convince themselves otherwise simply because they wish the game hadn't ended that way. They don't want to accept reality because they don't like it.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This.

People are upset because it's not a fun way to end that game. But it's OBVIOUSLY the correct call. Some folks are trying to play make believe to convince themselves otherwise simply because they wish the game hadn't ended that way. They don't want to accept reality because they don't like it.

Yup. Let's be real, Chiefs fans could have complained about that if they didn't get the call because of when it happened in the game. 

That said, there are a bunch of other reasons to be pissed at the officiating in that game. But it was an objectively awful way to end a game where at best the Chiefs were going to either have to go to overtime or attempt a very long field goal.