Who is the second best NFL player of all time?

RaidersAreOne

Who is the second best NFL player of all time?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the second best NFL player of all time?

• Jerry Rice
    • Reggie White
    • Lawrence Taylor
    • Deion Sanders
    • Jim Brown
    • Joe Montana
    • Walter Payton
    • Other and who?

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I still don't see Brady as the GOAT. Never had a transcendent peak where he was head and shoulders above his peers, like Rice, LT, Jim Brown, Reggie White. 

2007 he was clearly ahead of his peers. One of the greatest seasons ever and then had back to back seasons of 40+ TD passes at the age of 43 and 44. He spent nearly half of his career in the Super Bowl when the rest of his peers hardly made it to two or three. He was supposedly carried by Belichick until he left and went to a franchise that didn't make the playoffs the season prior and immediately won another Super Bowl. He missed the playoffs one time in a career that spanned 20+ years. Nobody even comes remotely close to Brady. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

2007 he was clearly ahead of his peers. 

I don't really consider 1 season to be a transcendent peak. Especially when Moss has a track record of juicing production of mediocre QBs (Cuplepper, old Cunningham) to become one of the top QBs in the league, statistically.

For transcendent peak, I mean 4-5 year stretch of clearly being the best at his position.  

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

2007 he was clearly ahead of his peers. One of the greatest seasons ever and then had back to back seasons of 40+ TD passes at the age of 43 and 44. He spent nearly half of his career in the Super Bowl when the rest of his peers hardly made it to two or three. He was supposedly carried by Belichick until he left and went to a franchise that didn't make the playoffs the season prior and immediately won another Super Bowl. He missed the playoffs one time in a career that spanned 20+ years. Nobody even comes remotely close to Brady. 

The Office No GIF

No, no, no, no, no… don’t engage that one. He’s a lost cause.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Lawrence Taylor

I loved playing as him in tecmo superbowl and squahing the holder before the kicker got the kick away

I was partial to Christian Okoye in Tecmo - people would just bounce off of him.

• Like 3