Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I really wish everyone would stop putting down this franchise. How can you guys root for this team when you have so much disgust for them. Everything is so damn negative. Yeah let's say Cleveland has it all figured out. Sure 0-16, that's real progress. Same team that passed on Wentz, yep model franchise 

I’m not sure this message board is for you... putting down this franchise is literally all they do with a few exceptions. Check out some of the old GDTs. Some posters complain when we win!! I rarely come around anymore for that very reason.

58 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

I’m not sure this message board is for you... putting down this franchise is literally all they do with a few exceptions. Check out some of the old GDTs. Some posters complain when we win!! I rarely come around anymore for that very reason.

I don't understand what you guys in the sunshine squad want? Am I supposed to be happy that this team has won two playoff games since 1992? It's perfectly fine to love this team and not be optimistic about it's future. 

• Like 2

Talking about ideas to help the team is a good way to discuss the future, talking about the mishaps of the past and what they should have done only causes arguments. Everyone has their own 2 cents what has been wrong and regardless of whose fault it was in the organization it isn't going to change the past. All discussion on the future of the team would lead to healthier discussion 

9 hours ago, Eric said:

All discussion on the future of the team would lead to healthier discussion 

I don't think trading a 3rd round pick and our good, young corner for an old QB was a smart move for our future.

• Like 3

There ya go already, another negative post about what can't be changed now. The move could be a good one, nobody can know if it was a good or bad move yet. We haven't even had a OTA yet or nothing since the move, he'll the move still isn't even official yet. We all need to just let it play out before making any judgement on it

• Like 1

The decision was made for what ever reason to move on from Kirk. We literally  had two options. 2 year tank for Fromm, or go out and trade for the best free agent QB on the market. 

After a lot of soul searching, I come come to the conclusion that team made the best decision after the epic bungling of the Kirk Cousins Cha Cha Cha. 

There is no point in having a great slot corner on the roster if you have no QB. Smith gives a chance to be competitive and it took Fuller and a 3rd to get him. With a few additions and a strong draft, we can be competitive and push for a playoff spot. 

I have made my peace with the situation, and I am ready to move forward with our new QB Alex Smith!    Hail!

• Like 1

My friends in Cleveland been chatting me up about DePodesta ( aka Peter Brand from Moneyball) for a couple years and believe he’s been the primary voice of acquiring draft picks and pulling the trigger on the recent activity along with Dorsey. Two years of acquiring picks and putting prices in place now its go time. They haven’t been this excited since the Bernie Kosse years. There was a discussion about Taylor and how while he’s not a stereotypical NFL QB his “ metrics” lead to a remarkable yardage and time of possession for the position/his salary. Guys who never studied or understood equations and excited to talk about this. Is “Peter Brand” changing baseball the way Beane and Podesta changed baseball? I am excited to see how this plays out not so much in 18, but in 19 going forward. John Henry from Red Sox “ anybody who's not building a team right and rebuilding it using your model, they're dinosaurs.”

On 3/10/2018 at 11:41 PM, Eric said:

Talking about ideas to help the team is a good way to discuss the future

Well, none of us can actually do anything to help this team.

talking about the mishaps of the past and what they should have done only causes arguments.

All we can do is theorize possibilities and then evaluate what the real front office people do. Since the forum can only operate in a reactive sense, all we have to discuss is what happened in the past.

Even in the GDT's, we are discussing the past. Granted, they are things that only happened a couple of minutes ago, but it already happened. If it's a fumble by the Redskins, it's a mishap of the past.

Everyone has their own 2 cents what has been wrong and regardless of whose fault it was in the organization it isn't going to change the past. All discussion on the future of the team would lead to healthier discussion 

Are you sure of that?

As an example: beyond Paul Richardson, why are all free agents avoiding Washington or when they are associated with the team, they sign somewhere else? Are you not concerned that almost none of their own free agents are seemingly being retained (correct me if I'm wrong, but the only one that the team has managed to keep is Dustin Hopkins)?

Looks to me, a lot of free agents are not resigning with their current team. People will usually pay more for what they don't have,  than to pay more for what they currently have. I don't make the rules, but in the NFL usually operates that way. Maybe I misspoke about discussion pertaining to the future being positive if the people involved in the discussion are hell bent on being negative regardless