The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Interesting nugget I heard yesterday.

Roquan Smith is the only defensive player from Georgia under Kirby Smart to make a pro bowl.

To be honest, Georgia was never the powerhouse they are now. I'm sure that will change moving forward with National Championship team pedigrees of these players coming out. 

Georgia is a destination school for top recruits now, not just the punching bag of Bama.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be honest, Georgia was never the powerhouse they are now. I'm sure that will change moving forward with National Championship team pedigrees of these players coming out. 

Georgia is a destination school for top recruits now, not just the punching bag of Bama.

That's why they mentioned specifically from the Kirby Smart era, where they've been title contenders pretty much every year since. 

It is something to think about though, weird thing for sure. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That's why they mentioned specifically from the Kirby Smart era, where they've been title contenders pretty much every year since. 

The Pro Bowl and it's selection process is also a joke, I wouldn't put much stock if any into it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The Pro Bowl and it's selection process is also a joke, I wouldn't put much stock if any into it. 

To the Pro Bowl? Yeah, of course it is a joke which is all the more reason that it is odd only one player has made it when in today's format it is much easier to do so with all the opt outs and being one week before the SB. 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Roquan Smith is the only defensive player from Georgia under Kirby Smart to make a pro bowl.

Tyson Campbell is good enough to make the pro bowl

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

To the Pro Bowl? Yeah, of course it is a joke which is all the more reason that it is odd only one player has made it when in today's format it is much easier to do so with all the opt outs and being one week before the SB. 

It’s odd, but when you actually look at those rosters it’s not all that surprising. 

Most of the real talent came in the second wave, and most of those guys were taken last year or this year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

So the Roquan Bulldogs of the 2015-17 are the same as the 2022 thru 2023 Bulldogs when they were actually winning the NCAA Championship? 

That's news to me. 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the Roquan Bulldogs of the 2015-17 are the same as the 2022 thru 2023 Bulldogs when they were actually winning the NCAA Championship? 

That's news to me. 👌

He's part of the Kirby Smart tenure as the original comment said. No need to overcomplicate things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

He's part of the Kirby Smart tenure as the original comment said. No need to overcomplicate things.

Not over complicating anything. Roquan was part of the early Kirby Smart at Georgia Era. When the vast majority of top recruits were going to Clemson, Bama and LSU.

These players coming off National Championships (plural) should be the start of a constant flow of top HS recruits moving forward choosing to attend Georgia.  So, that singular PB appearance will undoubtedly change in the future. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 4/13/2023 at 7:14 AM, downundermike said:

I can't think of any colossal busts from Georgia though. 

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not over complicating anything. Roquan was part of the early Kirby Smart at Georgia Era. When the vast majority of top recruits were going to Clemson, Bama and LSU.

These players coming off National Championships (plural) should be the start of a constant flow of top HS recruits moving forward choosing to attend Georgia.  So, that singular PB appearance will undoubtedly change in the future. That's all.

It will undoubtly change.

So far only Roquan is the only player from the Kirby Smart era (2016 - now) is the only pro bowler.

It is odd but it will change. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It will undoubtly change.

So far only Roquan is the only player from the Kirby Smart era (2016 - now) is the only pro bowler.

It is odd but it will change. 

It is an interesting tidbit, would’ve bet the other way on it. 

Azeez probably would’ve had a shot if he didn’t get hurt up in NY. As a late call up at least.