Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Did Michael Wilson not run? How is Addison getting a second run (last name A) but I can't find anything on Wilson yet?

It’s just receivers A-J for now 

• Like 1

Just now, General Tso said:

Why is Mayer called Baby Gronk when Darnell Washington is more similar in the body type profile 🤨

Every white big bodied prolific receiving TE has been Baby Gronk since the Dawn of time. It’s been a fair comp precisely zero times 

• Like 1

Im just not understanding why everyone was busting on Stetsons size at 5'11 almost 200 pounds.  Thats more than big enough to play in the nfl and he has a pretty good body of work to go with it.  I kept hearing people talk like he would be 5'8 to 5'9 or something for the longest of times and shorter than Young.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im just not understanding why everyone was busting on Stetsons size at 5'11 almost 200 pounds.  Thats more than big enough to play in the nfl and he has a pretty good body of work to go with it.  I kept hearing people talk like he would be 5'8 to 5'9 or something for the longest of times and shorter than Young.

I think more concerning about Stetson Bennett is that he's 10 weeks younger than Lamar Jackson.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Oh no. Does that make him a Rising Cancer or something?!

I mean, sometimes rookies who are approximately the same age as 5 year NFL veterans are fine, but you really only want to take that risk when the talent is exceptional and it's just not with Bennett.  It's okay to be a good college player who's just not going to be an NFL guy.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Why is Mayer called Baby Gronk when Darnell Washington is more similar in the body type profile 🤨

Washington is similar as a blocker. Mayer is viewed primarily as a receiver.

That said, the hype train is a bit over the top on Mayer. He's not Gronk II, or Kelce II, or even Jimmy Graham II. You  hope for Greg Olsen II.

• Like 1