Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure Harrison Jr will get that type of hype, and possible he is that good but with how spot on accurate Stroud looked in those drills, who would not do amazing at WR with him at QB?  Will be very interesting how Ohio State does without Stroud as their QB.  

Still not sure Jaxon or Marvin are as fast as Wilson or Olave.  Olave had burners well beyond 60 yards as well.  

First time I’ve seen the narrative flipped that surrounding talent excelled due to having Stroud and not the other way around 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure Harrison Jr will get that type of hype, and possible he is that good but with how spot on accurate Stroud looked in those drills, who would not do amazing at WR with him at QB?  Will be very interesting how Ohio State does without Stroud as their QB.  

Still not sure Jaxon or Marvin are as fast as Wilson or Olave.  Olave had burners well beyond 60 yards as well.  

We're about to have 3 WRs from the same school drafted inside the top 12, and possibly a fourth next year.  Two of those WRs finished in the top 4 of Offensive ROY voting this past season.  Are we sure they're not making Stroud look good?

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was super impressed with the push he got on that thing compared to everyone else, and how easy it looked for him being so tall.  Wonder how heavy that sled was, there were some huge dudes and they seemed to barely move it at times.  

Penn State in 2019 had Pat Freiermuth, Nick Bowers, Zach Kuntz and Brendon Strange all on the same roster.  Sure Bowers is nothing great in the NFL but Kuntz and Strange look absolutely legit and Freiermuth is solid as well.  

I think those 1 man sleds usually weigh around 230-240lbs, something like that 

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're about to have 3 WRs from the same school drafted inside the top 12, and possibly a fourth next year.  Two of those WRs finished in the top 4 of Offensive ROY voting this past season.  Are we sure they're not making Stroud look good?

Yeah I have thought the same thing for years.  But Justin Fields is not garbage in the NFL, Bears will trade out of the 1st overall pick instead of drafting a QB and Stroud did look great in those on the field drills did he not.  Dude is on point and accurate as can be.  Super smooth, just honestly who is going to take his place, they cannot keep hitting on QBs like they have been then again Ryan Day is still there and so is Brian Hartline.  

Who is that next QB on Ohio State, I have no clue.  

Miller, Barrett, Haskins were products of the talent around them at WR, especially Haskins.  Fields and especially CJ Stroud are not that.  CJ Stroud had an amazing day and has outstanding footwork and a super smooth throwing motion.  

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

First time I’ve seen the narrative flipped that surrounding talent excelled due to having Stroud and not the other way around 

The guy just killed in with those on the field drills at the combine, and did absolutely light up Georgia's defense in a game they really should have won.  He is a bad QB?  No not after that show he put on, he is right there with Bryce Young and because of his size he could go ahead of Bryce.  Dude can throw the football and should be a great pro.  It did not matter who he was throwing to at the combine and those were obviously not all Ohio State WRs at a scripted pro day.  

If I’m ranking the OSU WR, Harrison is clearly 1, then I have both Wilson and Olave as 2A/2B. It’s unfortunate we never got to see JSN this year because he was going to move from the outside and slot as opposed to him being solely a a lot last season. How he does on the outside is a question, how he does in the slot is not at all. He’s elite there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I was at the combine today and watching it and it was definitely a sight to behold.  While all the other guys were doing the drill, he was practicing the movement not far away (at slow speed, of course) and he did so well.  I came away very impressed with Stetson today on the whole.

• Like 3

I could totally see the Detroit Lions taking Anthony Richardson with their 6th pick and then Darnell Washington or Lukas Van Ness with their 18th pick.   Was brought up in the broadcast about Richardson going there and it does make sense, could sit him a year or two, and they got two 1st rounders and could fill a total need with that 18th pick.  Could also get a guy like Bresee or even Mayer.  But with the force Washington is and with that length/blocking he might be the 1st TE overall.  

24 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Not for all of them but if you type their names in Twitter with RAS you should find whoever you want

Ah that's unfortunate because..

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I could totally see the Detroit Lions taking Anthony Richardson with their 6th pick and then Darnell Washington or Lukas Van Ness with their 18th pick.   Was brought up in the broadcast about Richardson going there and it does make sense, could sit him a year or two, and they got two 1st rounders and could fill a total need with that 18th pick.  Could also get a guy like Bresee or even Mayer.  But with the force Washington is and with that length/blocking he might be the 1st TE overall.  

So this has been a trend in Holmes' drafts so far - he picks guys with average 8 or higher RAS that also produced in college. Not sure if AR necessarily falls into that, but I think Washington would, at least blocking wise. It'll be interesting to see what we do in free agency because if we already address enough defensive needs, could just go BPA.