Browns release S John Johnson III

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He was pretty much a JAG for us. Not terrible but certainly not worth what he was being paid. But I place a lot of the blame on Joe Woods. JJ3 just turned off a lot of fans with his poor effort at times. Like I said, I could see him being a good player again if he goes to a team that better utilizes his talents. Woods was truly an awful DC.

No I feel you. Sounds a lot like when Wash signed Archuletta 😂 just surprising. Specially with the talent Clev had. I’m sure you guys will find a better safety who fits better. 

16 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

No I feel you. Sounds a lot like when Wash signed Archuletta 😂 just surprising. Specially with the talent Clev had. I’m sure you guys will find a better safety who fits better. 

I think @DawgX shares most of our sentiments. He was used improperly here. That said, he lacked willingness and pursuit in tackling alone, and he has some pretty bad film in coverage.

Being asked to be that far out of the box in 2021 was a major reason, but this year he looked disinterested and generally irritable. I'm allowed to do that because I'm a disgruntled Browns fan, not a player making what he was.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, brownie man said:

He wasn’t very great for the browns 

but he was a professional safety

he’s just not a true FS so most of the time he was playing out of position. 

he really needs to be a nickel safety or a two high safety. He doesn’t have the range to be a deep middle guy. So he looked bad. 

get him to play closer to the box and he’s a solid tackler. 

I could see him being solid on the patriots. He can cover half the field but not a deep middle. Either put him in a cover two type team or nickel safety. 

If he follows the fit and not the money this time he’ll get back to being a quality starter. Wish him well 

Y'all used him as a center-fielder? Woof. Yeah, that's about the worst role for him. He's great in a split-safety role and good in the box with some TE/slot responsibilities.

11 hours ago, El Ramster said:

legend 

I still remember that massive temper tantrum Thomas threw despite the fact that JJ was actually playing the ball and Thomas wasn't.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 2:54 PM, Jakuvious said:

It's like the most predictable result in free agency, at this point. Great team lets a tier two piece of their roster walk in free agency, some lesser team thinks they can sign him to a huge deal and make him a tier one guy on their roster, and then completely misses the reason said player was so good in their original situation. Would not be shocked in the least if he goes right back to LA and picks up right where he left off in the right scheme with the right coaching again.

They call that the New England special.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, El Ramster said:

It’s insane hearing how bad he was mentally and physically. Most ram fans thought he was going to put up bigger numbers in Clev. Dude was a stud everywhere on the field for us much like Joyner. He was always making the tackle. I do know that he loved LA. The girl and vibe maybe his heart wasn’t in it. Specially after a pay day. But that doesn’t sound like JJ he was always talking about being of the best. 

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey are so dominant they make all these scrubs look good, they get paid elsewhere, and they're terrible. Joyner, Littleton, JJ3, Fowler, D Williams, it's legit an endless list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey are so dominant they make all these scrubs look good, they get paid elsewhere, and they're terrible. Joyner, Littleton, JJ3, Fowler, D Williams, it's legit an endless list.

But also, best anyone can do for Ramsey is a mid-second.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all used him as a center-fielder? Woof. Yeah, that's about the worst role for him. He's great in a split-safety role and good in the box with some TE/slot responsibilities.

Exactly 

we had to play him there out of necessity 

it started going into the 2020 offseason when we knew we needed two safeties. We ended up getting Delpit in the draft so that sent JJ3 to play FS. 

he’s going to be solid for a team once he gets back in the right position. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Darious Williams actually played well for the Jaguars when they put him in the right spot. He's an outside CB, not a slot CB. As for Littleton, he was above average in a zone-heavy scheme. But my recollection is the Raiders tried to play him in a man-heavy scheme and put him in space. He was never a good run defender. His strength was always his zone coverage skills.