Rumor: Titans shopping RB Derek Henry

RaidersAreOne

Honestly its the right move IMO

Most of their roster missed the window. Tannehill isnt getting them over the hump. Their vets are getting older. They already traded AJ. Henry is NOT going to be King Henry by the time TEN fields a SB contending team. Get what you can for him while his value is highest. 

• Like 4

Wonder what the compensation would be?

Almost 30 YO running back, serious mileage concerns, isn’t really a pass catcher, but is probably still one of the best runners and would only be a one year/$10M rental?

Noticeable decline since 2020. Still averages between 4.3-4.4 YPC, but he's going to turn 30 in January with declining numbers. Perhaps someone trades a flier for him, but Tennessee is right to rebuild here...which is evidenced by their GM going scorched earth last week.

1 hour ago, adamq said:

What would he be worth to Kansas City? Even if just for one year, hard to imagine stopping that offense plus Henry

He'd be worth the picks, but not the money. We have plenty of draft capital, and just restocked in young talent in a great way last year. We don't really need all 12 of our draft picks, and consensus has definitely been that we'll probably use some of the mid to lower ones to make moves for vets or move around the draft to get our guys (and we already did this once to get Toney.) So I wouldn't mind parting for a 4th for a one year rental as good as Henry. But $10M is a lot to pay for a RB in this offense, and as good as Henry is, I'm not sure the value he would add over Pacheco is worth that. I'd rather put that $10M towards retaining Brown at LT or JuJu at WR and leave Pacheco/McKinnon to man the RB spot, than add Henry but downgrade at one of those spots instead.

And it does depend on how Veach wants to approach this offseason. Last year was a bit of a restock on young talent. Weren't crazy active in free agency beyond lower value deals, traded Hill, let Mathieu and Ward walk, emphasized the draft and went super young in a few spots on the roster. Maybe they go back to an all-in mentality this year, where a Clark cut, a CEH trade, a Jones extension, and a Mahomes restructure could clear like $70M in cap space. Then, whatever, trade for Henry and keep Brown and go nuts. But I'm not sure we need to.

• Like 1