Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Btw, the “owners are colluding against Lamar” takes have already started en masse.

Anything but admitting this guy overassumed his value, I guess. 

*Wait a minute, is that, it is! It’s Jim Irsay’s music! And here comes Dan Snyder into the ring too! It’s mayhem!!!*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If no one pursues him at all, that’s almost as bad because then there’s no offer to match and he still won’t know his value.

Even if a team does make an “offer”, he’s not going to agree. He doesn’t want the Ravens to match and end up signing him at anything less than what he has in his delusions. 

This is leading to him playing on the tag yet again and probably holding out of training camp

Edited by Ray Reed

56 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I see a collusion lawsuit coming if he doesn't get a fully guaranteed contract

I don't. At least not one that goes anywhere. Most players don't have fully guaranteed deals. If the NFLPA wants them, have to get that put into the CBA

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Btw, the “owners are colluding against Lamar” takes have already started en masse.

Anything but admitting this guy overassumed his value, I guess. 

It’s like the ravens are a well run franchise and the browns aren’t. Ground breaking news.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If Baltimore says we won't match if you add X,Y,Z it does. 

Nor really an option.  Let's breakdown how the match works.  If Lamar signs an offer sheet, and the Ravens say they are going to match it, you basically white out whatever team signed him and replace it with the Ravens.  So let's say for instance the Falcons signed Lamar to $200M guaranteed and it included a $75M signing bonus.  If the Ravens match it, they are on the hook for the $75M signing bonus, which means in a trade the Ravens would absorb that $75M cap hit and have to pay that $75M. The Falcons would then only absorb the remaining $125M left on the contract.  Great deal for the Falcons, really bad deal for the Ravens.  The sign and trade can not and will not happen to circumvent the match or no match rules.  Instead, a sign and trade would actually require Lamar to sign his franchise tender (something he absolutely won't do) and then Baltimore could execute a trade with another team.  This would almost certainly lead to LESS compensation for Baltimore.  Because if I want Lamar all I have to do is sign him, structure it in a way that makes it very uncomfortable for you to be able to match it and the most Im giving up is 2 frps.  If the end goal was to sign and trade Lamar for more than 2 frps, Baltimore would have had to use the exclusive tag b/c at that point nobody else can negotiate with Lamar st all, requiring anybody who wants Lamar to meet their price.  This move will result in one of 2 outcomes.  Ravens believe they know Lamars market better than he does, and that he will come back to the negotiation ready to sign at their price instead of his.  Or Ravens are looking to dump Lamar and maximize the return.  Which doing it this way, signals we really love Lamar but we can't afford to meet his ask.  Versus if they just announced they were seeking a trade it automatically lowers the price b/c if he's so great why don't you want him anymore.

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Even if a team does make an “offer”, he’s not going to agree. He doesn’t want the Ravens to match and end up signing him at anything less than what he has in his delusions. 

This is leading to him playing on the tag yet again and probably holding out of training camp

Idk about that. If $150 million guaranteed is what he can get, I’d imagine eventually he’s going to want to lock that money down. I mean even if it’s not fully guaranteed, he’s still getting paid the non guaranteed money. So he might be costing himself upwards of $20 million just this year if he doesn’t agree to a contract.

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Idk about that. If $150 million guaranteed is what he can get, I’d imagine eventually he’s going to want to lock that money down. I mean even if it’s not fully guaranteed, he’s still getting paid the non guaranteed money. So he might be costing himself upwards of $20 million just this year if he doesn’t agree to a contract.

Believe it when I see it.

Id be pumped if that happens, tho.

43 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

How angry are all the Ravens fans i’ve argued with for the last 2 months that swore “someone will give Lamar what he wants” if we didn’t, and that his contract demands weren’t unreasonable?

How catholic is the Pope?

How great are boobs?

…very

All it takes is one very dumb team, The Commanders are very very dumb.

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Daniel Jones got about what he is worth in this current market. Mahomes isn't making anywhere close to as much as he is worth in this market. This is what happens as time progresses and why top players rightfully want to tear up "big" contracts they sign like 3 years into them.

Mahomes signed his deal in 2020 but like still man. 

It's ****ing wild to think scrub QBs get paid more than most of their peers make their entire god damn careers.

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You're looking at this like a logical human being. Lamar is a moron with some fantasy number stuck in his head he feels entitled to. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nor really an option.  Let's breakdown how the match works.  If Lamar signs an offer sheet, and the Ravens say they are going to match it, you basically white out whatever team signed him and replace it with the Ravens.  So let's say for instance the Falcons signed Lamar to $200M guaranteed and it included a $75M signing bonus.  If the Ravens match it, they are on the hook for the $75M signing bonus, which means in a trade the Ravens would absorb that $75M cap hit and have to pay that $75M. The Falcons would then only absorb the remaining $125M left on the contract.  Great deal for the Falcons, really bad deal for the Ravens.  The sign and trade can not and will not happen to circumvent the match or no match rules.  Instead, a sign and trade would actually require Lamar to sign his franchise tender (something he absolutely won't do) and then Baltimore could execute a trade with another team.  This would almost certainly lead to LESS compensation for Baltimore.  Because if I want Lamar all I have to do is sign him, structure it in a way that makes it very uncomfortable for you to be able to match it and the most Im giving up is 2 frps.  If the end goal was to sign and trade Lamar for more than 2 frps, Baltimore would have had to use the exclusive tag b/c at that point nobody else can negotiate with Lamar st all, requiring anybody who wants Lamar to meet their price.  This move will result in one of 2 outcomes.  Ravens believe they know Lamars market better than he does, and that he will come back to the negotiation ready to sign at their price instead of his.  Or Ravens are looking to dump Lamar and maximize the return.  Which doing it this way, signals we really love Lamar but we can't afford to meet his ask.  Versus if they just announced they were seeking a trade it automatically lowers the price b/c if he's so great why don't you want him anymore.

That's not how it works. Even if he signs a contract with the Falcons, they don't own his rights until the league management council and the NFLPA sign off on the deal. They won't award him to the Falcons until the Ravens have had their week to match the Falcons offer. If they do, his contract goes to Baltimore and they don't need to trade anything to Atlanta.

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't. At least not one that goes anywhere. Most players don't have fully guaranteed deals. If the NFLPA wants them, have to get that put into the CBA

Stop with your logic and reason

• Like 1