Eagles Allow Darius Slay to Seek Trade

goldfishwars

Just now, minutemancl said:

Did I miss where Matt Patricia got hired by the Eagles?

It's been rumored that the Eagles would consider a role for him. Ever since this rumor, Slay (and Quandre Diggs) have been very vocal on social media about it. Even though Fatty Matty Patty hasn't been signed (yet), it's caused a riff there. 

22 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

It's been rumored that the Eagles would consider a role for him. Ever since this rumor, Slay (and Quandre Diggs) have been very vocal on social media about it. Even though Fatty Matty Patty hasn't been signed (yet), it's caused a riff there. 

He was considered for the LB coach which has been filled. Patricia isn't getting hired. That has literally nothing to do with this.

This is only because Slay wants an extension. I can see why the Eagles would be very hesitant extending a 32 year old CB and I can see why Slay wants an extension coming off a SB run and pro bowl year at 32 years old. This is very likely his last shot to get one.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is so weird. The Eagles are already poised to lose a ton of good, important starting defensive players, including their other corner. Slay, by all accounts, loved and loves being in Philly. Where did this come from?

They have the ammo to replace a lot of these vets with cheap young talent. Jordan Davis will step in for one of the interior guys  who leaves, plus they have those two first rounders.

34 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

The eagles already hired someone else and no eagles beat reporters ever reported that.

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Ok Eagles fans, how good is he still? Is he a product of the pass rush? What compensation are you expecting?

He had a legit argument to be an all pro last year, I think. Not sure I'd count on that moving forward.  

45 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He's 32 and wants a contract extension eagles are in the right to not want to give that.

Pretty much this. This is the BB thinking. Better to get out a year early than a year late. Don't blame them for this at all. 

3 hours ago, General Tso said:

Ok Eagles fans, how good is he still? Is he a product of the pass rush? What compensation are you expecting?

Think he'll still be a good starter, but his play started to fall off in the 2nd half of the season IMO, even with really good talent around him. He may be starting to decline.

• Like 1

I'm not going to act like I watch every Eagles game, but it's so hard to gauge him in the playoffs. They faced the Niners who didn't have a QB and couldn't throw, and dude made 0 impact in the Superbowl (to be fair, nobody else on the defense did either).

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Think he'll still be a good starter, but his play started to fall off in the 2nd half of the season IMO, even with really good talent around him. He may be starting to decline.

Yeah it's difficult to really evaluate him playing behind a historically good pass rush.