The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Haven't heard any fireworks at the stadium in a while.  They do still shoot them off when the Cardinals hit a home run.

My solution for baseball in this shortened season is to expand the roster.  Those players that test positive for Covid are ineligible to play.  They have to test negative on two consecutive days to become eligible again.  If you cannot field a team, you lose by forfeit.  If you want to try to play with just 10 guys, that is your choice.  It is a short season, nobody is going to be bragging about how awesome their 2020 squad was, play what you can.

For anyone that cares.... I love baseball and the Cardinals but this doesn’t even feel like a real season. Assuming the league actually makes it to the postseason and through it, there will always be an asterisk next to the World Series Champion in my book.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

On 8/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, kgarrett12486 said:
On 8/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Who knows if this is true or not but apparently Fernando Tatis Jr. tried out 19 times for the Cardinals. Ouch. 

Yah, I'm not buying that. It's all hear say speculation coming from Fernando Tatis Sr. I'm sure it had more to do than just talent...

I don't know if this helps at all, but if Tatis was very young at the tryouts, it's reasonable that teams would pass over him. When the Padres originally traded for him, it was part of a salary dump of James Shield's contract, and Tatis was really more known as Tatis Sr's kid than a real prospect on his own. He didn't break out until ~6 months after that trade IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised to hear a lot of teams passed over him when he was a 14-16 year old at showcases, Brewers included. 

• Like 1