NY Giants trade with Raiders for TE Darren Waller

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Don't care about Toney, but Waller might very well be Brandon Marshall 2.0 for us.

Marshall was older than Waller is. The biggest difference though is that we have a great coaching staff now, which we absolutely did not have in 2017.

I really love this move. When you are in desperate need of receiving talent and the WR FA class is this weak, and the WR draft is this weak, you need to zig instead of zag. This is a big time zig, and the cost for us is fantastic.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Am I the only one who hates this? An oft-injured declining TE with a terrible contract to a team with very little cap space and a lot of holes to fill?

His contract is insanely friendly for the Giants. They can get out at any point after this year for less than a half million in dead money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Marshall was older than Waller is. The biggest difference though is that we have a great coaching staff now, which we absolutely did not have in 2017.

I really love this move. When you are in desperate need of receiving talent and the WR FA class is this weak, and the WR draft is this weak, you need to zig instead of zag. This is a big time zig, and the cost for us is fantastic.

I'd honestly prefer spending his cap hit on a a younger Danton Schultz and keeping the pick. It takes two to tango i guess?

3 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Waller was good till he got paid

Completely fell off after that. Missed extended time to injuries that who knows, maybe he could have played through. Seemed unfocused on football, made completely head-scratching mistakes last year that cost us games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Downgrade at QB yesterday by signing Jimmy G. Now trade a Pro Bowl TE for pick #100. Tough couple of days for Raiders fans.

If they are bringing back Foster Moreau, this is mostly inconsequential for the raiders imo

• Like 2