NY Giants trade with Raiders for TE Darren Waller

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Also I am going to sound like a bitter fan but so be it, there were reports he was alienating himself from the team and rubbing the team majorly wrong with how he handled injuries. He wouldn't be around the team and iirc he didn't travel with the team one game, instead going to a WNBA game. 

Nothing felt right about his injuries and timetables. Something was off, as if he was milking them or something shady. 

Can you blame him, though? The WNBA is an electric sport, making fans of us all.

• Like 1

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Even if you can only get 10 games out of Waller, I like this for the Giants. You signed your QB. Now build him up.

It has the potential to be a very good move for the Giants and makes a lot of sense for them. 

It also makes a ton of sense for the Raiders to get out of the Waller business at this point. Even if it turns out to be a good move by the Giants, I don't think that means it was a bad move by the Raiders. That's just playing the results. I think the process is sound for both parties in this situation. 

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion:

Waller isn’t a star TE. He’s on the wrong side of 30, overpaid for the lack of ability to stay on the field, and he’s had his demons in the past.

Pick 100 for him is fair/a good gamble, but I don’t think this is some lopsided highway robbery deal personally.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Still there. I think he's just a solid player, nothing more. Good #2.

He will be an upper tier TE2. He was already a great blocker as a rookie. He was out for about 4 games after a Jaguars defender nearly knocked his out, and the offense missed him terribly. He's got the athletic upside to be more than just a blocking tight end though, and he showed that last year.

I think I would still like the Giants to take a TE later in this draft. The worst part about this move for me is that it pretty much ruins any chance that the Giants would draft Darnell Washington.