NY Giants trade with Raiders for TE Darren Waller

notthatbluestuff

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

I still would like a receiver with one of our first 3 picks.

Just imagine:
Johnston/Flowers/Addison/Njigba 
Shepard
Robinson
Barkley
Waller
Hodgins
James

Would be by far the most talented receiving corps DJ has ever had to work with 

Just now, tyler735 said:

Disagree, Waller is better than Moreau.

Meh. Maybe. Not even sure on that any more. But given his age, his number and his health, I'd rather Moreau moving forward even if waller manages a comeback for a year. 

Just now, Shockwave said:

Just imagine:
Johnston/Flowers/Addison/Njigba 
Shepard
Robinson
Barkley
Waller
Hodgins
James

Would be by far the most talented receiving corps DJ has ever had to work with 

And still not that great unless one of the rookies pans out like Wilson/Olave/London tbh. Who knows what we get out of Wandale this year too.

Just now, Forge said:

Meh. Maybe. Not even sure on that any more. But given his age, his number and his health, I'd rather Moreau moving forward even if waller manages a comeback for a year. 

A lot of what I said about Waller last page applies to Moreau too. Some incredibly bonehead plays that cost us big, but might as well keep Moreau for a fraction of the price, I've been calling for a Waller trade. 

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Worst trade of the year are you kidding me?

I get the emotions of losing a guy who was good for you for a bit, but this is hardly a bad trade for the Raiders. Waller is on his way down and getting out on him now for the Raiders is probably the right time. Teams aren't trading premium draft capital for aging TE's who haven't played at their top level in two years.

Makes your team a bit worse this year, but I don't think this is a needle mover for either team for 2023. Giants need people to catch the ball this year though so they have to get a bit creative. 

• Like 4

Odd set of moves for me, from the Raiders side. Adding Meyers who feels redundant with what else they have at WR, while losing Waller who is more of a unique weapon for them.

Though, isn't it a thing that Kittle was way more productive recently without Jimmy G? So maybe they don't think Waller will be as big of a factor for the new QB.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Odd set of moves for me, from the Raiders side. Adding Meyers who feels redundant with what else they have at WR, while losing Waller who is more of a unique weapon for them.

Though, isn't it a thing that Kittle was way more productive recently without Jimmy G? So maybe they don't think Waller will be as big of a factor for the new QB.

A Renfrow trade certainly could be coming as odd as that would have been a year ago. Kind of makes sense though with who they have on their roster and what needs they have to fill.