Darren Waller Traded to the Giants

big_palooka

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's also a top 5 talent at the position. We have now created a large need that you better hope you can fill in this draft well.

I picked up on this part last year when we created a need at edge rusher. This is what they do

• Like 1

Guess I am in the vast minority but I am happy about this. Waller is a soon-to-be 31 year old, one dimensional, overpaid bandaid. He hasn't played a full season in two years, missing like 12 games over that stretch. He doesn't block. When he was playing he often had timely drops.

Sure he was an absolutely cheat code 3 years ago and his rehab story is heartwarming, but he has been steadily declining since getting that huge pay day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Guess I am in the vast minority but I am happy about this. Waller is a soon-to-be 31 year old, one dimensional, overpaid bandaid. He hasn't played a full season in two years, missing like 12 games over that stretch. He doesn't block. When he was playing he often had timely drops.

Sure he was an absolutely cheat code 3 years ago and his rehab story is heartwarming, but he has been steadily declining since getting that huge pay day.

Should have taken the 2nd round pick from GB then...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

When healthy, which he hasn't been. And he'll be 31.

I don't like it immediately. 12 mil and the draft pick need to go to good use. 

Maybe I have PTSD from Grudock. I will give Ziegler a chance to remake this roster. Waller is a great player when healthy (obviously), but they didn't have that issue with Jimmy? Like I get it, but I don't get it.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe I have PTSD from Grudock. I will give Ziegler a chance to remake this roster. Waller is a great player when healthy (obviously), but they didn't have that issue with Jimmy? Like I get it, but I don't get it.

I think they may have some concerns on how Waller has handled his injuries.