Eagles sign RB Rashaad Penny

RaidersAreOne

I assume this on the cheap which if it is I am good on the flyer. I would expect a committee type situation with him a Gainwell. Gainwell being the third down/RZ guy and Penny being the first/second down guy. Obviously the injury history is worrying, but I don't think we are going to really depend on him so it should be ok.

Look let's be real. If he  some how some way stayed healthy for 17 games, this might be the steal of the offseason.  Especially playing with Hurts in a RPO. 

Most likely that won't occur. However almost every Eagles fan to a man thought the same thing about Miles Sanders going into 2022. Can't stay healthy!

Stranger things have happened. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, ACO said:

Interesting signing. I think he is an upgrade from Gainwell and Scott. 

Am I the only one that likes Gainwell a decent amount? I don't think he can handle 20 carries a game, but 10-15 carries I like Gainwell. He's an ideal #2 RB, save for his size limitations in pass pro/blitz pick up, but I like the way he runs and catches, and he's got a little more top end speed than Miles.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Am I the only one that likes Gainwell a decent amount? I don't think he can handle 20 carries a game, but 10-15 carries I like Gainwell. He's an ideal #2 RB, save for his size limitations in pass pro/blitz pick up, but I like the way he runs and catches, and he's got a little more top end speed than Miles.

I expect Gainwell to get close to 50% of the carries this year if not more. I like him a lot.

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I really like Kenny.

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah, I like him as well but as you say he's good in a rotation but is obviously not a bellcow runningback. What's curious to me is what the Eagles are doing with Trey Sermon. Personally, I have no expectations for Sermon but it was surprising that the Eagles kept him on the roster all year. I'm curious if are optimistic about his ability to see the field next season. I can't imagine this signing or Sermon's presence will prevent them from adding a RB in the draft or further addressing the position at some point.