Jets sign WR Allen Lazard (4 years, $44M, $22M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Damn. Rodgers really gunna be a Jet.

Or this becomes incredibly more hilarious if Rodgers elects to sit tight and was really just doing this to help some of his friends get paid while he's got Christian Watson to fall back on.

Either way, I don't expect us to have any kind of legitimate headway on whether he does or doesn't until just before the draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Except for Rodgers the biggest domino always falls last. 

He going but it making Jets work for it. He was pissed that the Packers didn't listen to him and give him what he wanted. So it making sure the Jets deliver before he signs on the dotted line,\.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Nothing would make me happier than Rodgers going to a new team and that new team immediately picking a QB in round 1.

I mean, I think it's safe as an over/under for Rodgers to play maybe three more seasons. If he's still balling in 2026, I think Richardson ending up being a hedge is just fine. I don't think Rodgers would feel threatened by a new rookie at this point. He might even actually end up as that mentor everyone keeps complaining that he's not. 

Now, I don't think it's likely, but I also think it would be fine.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyway Lazard is super easy to root for. There's a reason he instantly gained Rodgers trust ahead of MVS and EQ. He studies his *** off, he blocks, he's seemingly always on the same page as the QB. Just a great WR2. Glad he got his, he earned it. 

Great number 3. Decent number 2 but he's currently the 3rd best wr on the jets and that's ideal. Glad he got paid.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1