49ers sign CB Isaiah Oliver (2 yrs)

Forge

3 minutes ago, adamq said:

Know nothing about him, but if they trust the kid to play nickel so be it. Hopefully Womack makes some strides and can make those flashes we saw more regular

He was the next big Colorado CB after Witherspoon in 2018. Pretty sure some people may have taken him in the 2018 shadow draft game 

• Like 1

You guys will like Oliver. I couldn't think of a better landing spot for him either. Had a solid rookie campaign, then struggled the next couple of years. He started coming into his own in the nickel in 2021 under Dan Pees. Unfortunately he had a season-ending injury that year, but came back strong this year with his best season. He's not a ballhawk, but he does everything else well. By all accounts a great teammate too.

• Like 15

I was a Oliver fan when he was a prospect so I'm very eager to see him in this defense.

I like the fact that he can man either the slot or line-up outside. 

Gives Womack another year to mature, while also providing good boundary depth. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him opposite Mooney.

I was probably as big of a Lenior supporter as any but I do like my length on the outside.

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was the next big Colorado CB after Witherspoon in 2018. Pretty sure some people may have taken him in the 2018 shadow draft game 

Looks like @J-ALL-DAY, @Geek, and I all did. 

One of these years all stick around and finish one of these for all seven rounds lol.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I was a Oliver fan when he was a prospect so I'm very eager to see him in this defense.

I like the fact that he can man either the slot or line-up outside. 

Gives Womack another year to mature, while also providing good boundary depth. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him opposite Mooney.

I was probably as big of a Lenior supporter as any but I do like my length on the outside.

From what I've heard from Falcons fans he was terrible when they made him line up outside at the beginning of his career

1 (#9) Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
2 (#59) Justin Reid, S, Stanford
3 (#70) Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio St. 
3 (#74) 
Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU
3 (#95) Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
4 (#128)  Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF
6 (#184) Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
7 (#223) Dejon Allen, G/C, Hawaii
7 (#240) Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech

Guess i did pretty well. Only Griffin and Allen are not in the league.

• Like 2

Man, it's so weird to see the differing opinions on guys depending on where you look.  Here on this forum, there are mostly positive things to say about this guy.  But, if you scope out the Falcons' Facebook groups surrounding him, most people are saying he can't tackle to save his life because he only does shoulder hits and doesn't wrap up.

I always try to grab information from multiple places.  It just cracks me up how it's generally Facebook groups that have wildly differing opinions.  lol

5 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Man, it's so weird to see the differing opinions on guys depending on where you look.  Here on this forum, there are mostly positive things to say about this guy.  But, if you scope out the Falcons' Facebook groups surrounding him, most people are saying he can't tackle to save his life because he only does shoulder hits and doesn't wrap up.

I always try to grab information from multiple places.  It just cracks me up how it's generally Facebook groups that have wildly differing opinions.  lol

For what it's worth, all the Dirty Birds fans I know and trust their football acumen say he's a good player who should thrive in our scheme. 

• Like 3