Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to the Browns

AFlaccoSeagulls

On 3/22/2023 at 10:09 PM, NYRaider said:

I guess you must be unfamiliar with Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Greg Jennings, Javon Walker, James Jones...

How many of those were brought in by this current regime?? 

Oh, none? Carry on then. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Romeo Doubs finished 5th receptions among rookie WRs and 9th in receiving yards.  He outproduced guys who were picked significantly ahead of him like Wan'Dale Robinson, Tyquan Thornton, and Skyy Moore.  Saying anything other than his rookie season being a success is absolutely mind boggling.

Having success as a rookie WR compared to other, cherry picked rookie WRs, does not prove that said wr had success on the scale that should make us trust the Packers evaluations of WRs. 

Doubs looked like a fine player and a good/great fourth round pick, but he only had four games with 40 yards receiving while playing on a team *with very little WR talent/depth* (aka an easy path to pt) and a literal HOFer throwing him passes. 

Doubs is just as likely to fade to oblivion as he is to make a legitimate name for himself in this league. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Akron's post was willfully ignorant, but that's besides the point.  Brian Gutekunst has been GM since 2018, and the WRs he's taken since then include:

2018.4.133 - J'Mon Moore
2018.5.176 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling
2018.6.207 - EQ St. Brown
2021.3.85 - Amari Rodgers
2022.2.34 - Christian Watson
2022.4.132 - Romeo Doubs

By my viewpoint, that's 3 hits (MVS, Christian Watson, and Doubs), one meh (ESB), and two busts (Moore and Rodgers).  That's slightly above .500 if you ask me.

I remember Packers fans pimping MVS as a "Poor Man's Randy Moss" and then we saw he was never even close. His best season on a team without a good #2 he put up less than 700 yards and 6 TDs with a lock at HOF throwing him the ball. He didn't get a second contract either. Meh.

Romeo Doubs...had 400+ yards and 3 TDs. Maybe he develops but hardly a "hit".

Christian Watson has the most potential of the 3. He still needs to refine his game, but the talent is there. I'd call him a hit at this point, even if he ends up being WR2 and someone else comes along to be WR1.

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

But not enough of a stud to be mentioned in your previous list? lol 

I was naming great WR's throughout Packers history. I don't think their lack of interest in a WR that hasn't produced and cried about targets means they can't evaluate WRs. The Jets had to attach a 3rd to get a 2nd back for him.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:16 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I remember Packers fans pimping MVS as a "Poor Man's Randy Moss" and then we saw he was never even close. His best season on a team without a good #2 he put up less than 700 yards and 6 TDs with a lock at HOF throwing him the ball. He didn't get a second contract either. Meh.

Christian Watson has the most potential of the 3. He still needs to refine his game, but the talent is there. I'd call him a hit at this point, even if he ends up being WR2 and someone else comes along to be WR1.

I'm not sure where anyone had the idea that MVS was a poor man's Randy Moss, unless you're talking about a homeless man's homeless man's Randy Moss.  He's a great deep threat, but that's about it.  He's a solid #2 WR.  And the contract he got from Kansas City pretty much justifies that viewpoint.

Romeo Doubs was the 19th WR taken last year.  He finished 5th in receptions and 9th in receiving yards.  He's effectively outproduced over half the guys ahead of him.  Unless there's no growth from Y1 to Y2, that's a hit.  Might not be a home run, but that's a solid double right there.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:16 AM, SteelKing728 said:

It takes a special sort of nitwit to pretend that finding an ‘MVS’ at the tail end of the 5th round is not a “hit”. 

what do NFL fans think is ‘typical’ for late-day-2 picks & day-3 picks?

the *worst* anyone could grade the current GB FO on WR’s is ‘incomplete’ (low sample size, low investment). There is no evidence yet that they are below-avg. 

Lions drafted Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams in 3 years. A few years later they took Titus Young and Ryan Broyles early.

I will not have them supplanted as "Worst team in history to evaluate talent at X position" Just because the Packers didn't draft receivers in the 1st round for a few years.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure where anyone had the idea that MVS was a poor man's Randy Moss, unless you're talking about a homeless man's homeless man's Randy Moss.  He's a great deep threat, but that's about it.  He's a solid #2 WR.  And the contract he got from Kansas City pretty much justifies that viewpoint.

Romeo Doubs was the 19th WR taken last year.  He finished 5th in receptions and 9th in receiving yards.  He's effectively outproduced over half the guys ahead of him.  Unless there's no growth from Y1 to Y2, that's a hit.  Might not be a home run, but that's a solid double right there.

That's like saying Jalen Nailor was a hit because he had a ridiculously high y/r. Its a small sample size.

Maybe they become hits or just fade into obscurity. I can't grade any of them yet because they aren't much of anything after 1 season in the NFL.

On 3/22/2023 at 3:22 PM, BayRaider said:

They are trying to go “all in”. Worked for the Rams. Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences. They were a QB away from being a big time contender. 

Can't blame them for giving it a shot.  For most teams, you are only in a real position to win it all every 4-5 years, so you might as well go for it when you have a chance.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Lions drafted Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams in 3 years. A few years later they took Titus Young and Ryan Broyles early.

I will not have them supplanted as "Worst team in history to evaluate talent at X position" Just because the Packers didn't draft receivers in the 1st round for a few years.

Finally getting Megatron had to help ease the pain.