Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to the Browns

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Packers are possibly the dumbest team in the NFL regarding WR value/evaluation so I take that with a grain of salt.

I guess you must be unfamiliar with Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Greg Jennings, Javon Walker, James Jones...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I guess you must be unfamiliar with Davante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver, Sterling Sharpe, Greg Jennings, Javon Walker, James Jones...

Jordy Nelson was drafted 15 years ago, since then the only good WR draft pick or FA move they have made was Adams. Despite desperately needing more weapons for the past 5 years to help their aging QB but being too stuck in their traditional ways to ever be aggressive fixing the issue. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Jordy Nelson was drafted 15 years ago, since then the only good WR draft pick or FA move they have made was Adams. Despite desperately needing more weapons for the past 5 years to help their aging QB but being too stuck in their traditional ways to ever be aggressive fixing the issue. 

Rodgers won MVP in 2020 and 2021 with the weapons they gave him. Aaron Jones and Davante Adams was one of the best duos in the league for years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I remember the league thought Moss was washed when he was in Oakland..

a QB can make the difference

I think Elijah has the talent to still become a high quality slot receiver. 

Agreed. If a slouch like Randy Moss can do it, it should be nothing for baby Jerry Rice to do the same.

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

What alternatives did we have? Like, really?

And yeah, I'd say A LOT of Watson's issues were due to rust and not being familiar with the offense. Guess we'll find out soon enough if I'm right or wrong. I, personally, was legit worried that he would just suck when he came back. Going from playing in a soft, warm weather division to a tough, cold weather division was a concern for me. But everything I saw from him last season seemed more like rust and being unfamiliar with the system/his teammates more so than him just being "broken".

Edit: I'll add, I think another reason for the offense's struggles was Stefanski and company trying to find an appropriate balance between what our offense excelled at vs. what Watson was comfortable with. For example, we ran a lot more shotgun once Watson came back, which somewhat neutered our running game.

The strategy was right imo. They really didn't need to kick dirt on Baker on the way out but...I get it.

It was more than just rust with Watson. 3 time pro bowler and he shows up looking like a rookie, completely overwhelmed, even though this offense is designed to be simpler than the one he came from. 

I'm sure the whole organization is holding its breath this off season that he'll figure it out. 

My expectations are way down rn. I just want him to look like a starting QB again first. 

Moore is a necessary get for the offense and he's better than he looked in NY with that coaching staff and starting QB. But everything is riding on Watson this season. No pressure. ;

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

The strategy was right imo. They really didn't need to kick dirt on Baker on the way out but...I get it.

It was more than just rust with Watson. 3 time pro bowler and he shows up looking like a rookie, completely overwhelmed, even though this offense is designed to be simpler than the one he came from. 

I'm sure the whole organization is holding its breath this off season that he'll figure it out. 

My expectations are way down rn. I just want him to look like a starting QB again first. 

Moore is a necessary get for the offense and he's better than he looked in NY with that coaching staff and starting QB. But everything is riding on Watson this season. No pressure. ;

He has to earn that $230M now

16 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Moore isn't a diva for being frustrated that his career was being sabotaged by a terrible young QB.

The critical issue now for the Browns' coaching staff and ownership is whether Watson can play even close to what he was or just continue to be the dumpster that he was for the 6gms he played last year.

I don't even think that's the case necessarily. The team was on a 5 game winning streak and he took it to twitter to complain about his targets which is so petty and ridiculous. If they were losing it's one thing but the team had just won 5 in a row. Then that same week he told his OC to **** off in practice and got sent home and benched. Not to mention I've been following the guy on Instagram since he was drafted and I know for a fact that he's the type of guy who cares more about his brand than winning. 

Also why was his career sabotaged but Garrett Wilson was able to win rookie of the year with the same QB play? Maybe he just isn't as good.

Like I said from a value standpoint the jets without a doubt lose this trade but if you think the guy isn't a diva you're sadly mistaken.

Edited by Greene N White
  • Like 3

I'm fine with the trade for both teams, but I'm kind of lukewarm on the impact of the trade for the Browns. Maybe I'm just too high on DPJ, but I thought he looked really good last year. Moore adds nice depth, but at this point he feels more like a depth piece this year than anything.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm fine with the trade for both teams, but I'm kind of lukewarm on the impact of the trade for the Browns. Maybe I'm just too high on DPJ, but I thought he looked really good last year. Moore adds nice depth, but at this point he feels more like a depth piece this year than anything.

I think most of us are very high on DPJ. I think Cooper and DPJ are a very underrated 1/2 punch, but after that, the bottom completely drops off. You have Schwartz who can't catch a cold but can run really fast in a straight line thankfully, that's pretty useful on the field. You have Bell who is limited to the slot only because he can't run or separate at all, and then some guy from OU last year that I've never heard of that was a rookie 6th Round pick.

I think having Cooper, DPJ, and Moore gives them viability in 3 WR sets with a much needed slot and speed dimension and the ability to move Cooper, Moore, and DPJ all 3 outside and in the slot.

I don't think he was brought in to "be the guy" but to be a piece...even if he just replicates his rookie numbers that'll be valuable.

Throw in Njoku at TE, and that corps doesn't suck I guess.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think most of us are very high on DPJ. I think Cooper and DPJ are a very underrated 1/2 punch, but after that, the bottom completely drops off. You have Schwartz who can't catch a cold but can run really fast in a straight line thankfully, that's pretty useful on the field. You have Bell who is limited to the slot only because he can't run or separate at all, and then some guy from OU last year that I've never heard of that was a rookie 6th Round pick.

I think having Cooper, DPJ, and Moore gives them viability in 3 WR sets with a much needed slot and speed dimension and the ability to move Cooper, Moore, and DPJ all 3 outside and in the slot.

I don't think he was brought in to "be the guy" but to be a piece...even if he just replicates his rookie numbers that'll be valuable.

Throw in Njoku at TE, and that corps doesn't suck I guess.

Yep, we don’t need a starter necessarily, just a dude who can create YAC and be a deep threat.  Moore should be able to provide that.  Certainly better than anyone we currently have.

• Like 1