The Duke's Mock Draft 2.0 - 3 Rounds, no trades

THE DUKE

On 3/30/2023 at 2:03 PM, THE DUKE said:

64. CHI - Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas

Most interesting pick I’ve seen in a while on mocks because you can’t deny the value of getting him in the third round, likely starts soon enough over Sanborn even though Sanborn impressed last year (will be playing a different spot though). I wouldn’t hate this pick and I won’t complain if we go this route but at this point there were several good prospects we could’ve gotten that could potentially be day 1 starters and fill a hole. 

Not sure I love Broderick Jones at 9 for the Bears, but in that scenario I'd prefer him over Skoronski.  Round 2 is fantastic for Chicago, and I agree with Ty's sentiment about Sanders in 3, I have mixed feelings about it because Sanborn played really well but you can't deny Sanders' talent, especially at that spot. 

I like the ideas you had here for Philly. Though I'd prefer they targeted a Corner at 10, be it Witherspoon, Gonzales, or JPJ, and an EDGE at 30 given how deep the position is in this draft class in the late 1st/2nd round area.

I like Zach Charbonnet, but 62 feels a bit of a reach IMO.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:03 AM, THE DUKE said:

99. SF - Ronnie Hickman, S Ohio State
101. SF - Jon Gaines, OC UCLA
102. SF - Jartavius Martin, CB Illinois

Hickman makes a ton of sense and the niners have done quite a bit of work on the safety market. Mapu is the guy in this draft I have most likely to be drafted by the niners, but I think that they are going to do so as a linebacker, not a safety, so I think it's very possible that they would still take a safety here. 

Man, I wish on Gaines. I'd love this pick, but I don't think that this is going to be super likely. I think that this would more likely be a tight end.  

Martin...yeah, totally makes sense. 

Honestly, pretty good job.