Ravens sign OBJ 1 yr 18M

Ty21

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man it's crazy it's almost like there's a massive difference between $15M and $250M fully guaranteed! hahahahahaha so crazy!!!!

Sure, but seems pretty stupid to bring in OBJ if Lamar Jackson is not even the QB of the team next year.  Maybe they think he will really help out Huntley as the starter.  

Honestly seems like a pathetic attempt to gain favor from Lamar Jackson who is already pretty pissed at the organization.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Too much. He's always going to go to the highest bidder. Packers GM offered him 1/6 the money the Rams did in 2021. Guess where he ended up? 

Given how he ended that season with the Rams (a few key plays in a SB victory) I’d say he picked right.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given how he ended that season with the Rams (a few key plays in a SB victory) I’d say he picked right.

I agree. I think he would have had the same impact for the Packers. We needed someone next to Adams but gave him an insulting offer instead. 

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I mean he showed up halfway through the year lol, was he supposed to gel with Stafford and learn the offense in 6 days?

He finally started clicking with Stafford in the postseason and nearly eclipsed his regular season yardage in 3+ games. Ballin

Well he’s no Baker Mayfield

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In all seriousness he’s going to be a nice target for Pro Bowl quarterback Tyler Huntley.

In all seriousness, I think this was more an image signing than a football signing.

Best case scenario: He does fine, gets 800 yards at 12 ypc and some touchdowns. Probably going to be a lot of whining eventually.

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

I don’t really care about the money on a one year deal. This point in the season, teams know who else they may want to target and some likely know they can splurge a bit. 

Maybe the Ravens aren't expecting to have to pay Lamar for the first 10 games which will open up some money.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why would it be 11 million in 24 and not like 2.75 each of the 4 voided years?

Signing bonuses and option bonuses always escalates after a player is cut / traded or in this case, leaves when the contact voids