TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I was just talking about this recently lol. I miss playing football and baseball but even though I’m the second best thrower in my high school’s history for track, if I did it all over again I’d never do track. 

I did throwing for 1 season. our team had 2 coachs, one for sprinters and one for long distance. for practice, they would just say "go throw each 20 times or so, then go to the gym and do whatever."

the sport itself was terrible. traveling with the girls track team and being with them most the time was the only redeeming quality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

@Madmike90

I got offered the Case Manager position (a so-called promotion) at work and used your line as my response.

"I'd rather **** in my hands and clap."

So thank you, and I'm sorry I 100% associate this line with you. lol

😂

I am glad it came in so useful hahaha...truthfully I use that statement at least once a week at work so it is was the perfect setting for it hahahaha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pool said:

Connor ******* Bedard!

So as you can imagine with how across the Bears I am sometimes other Chicago teams pop up...can someone explain to be in equivalent football terms what Connor Bedard is as a prospect? 😂

Edited by Madmike90

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So as you can imagine with how across the Bears I am sometimes other Chicago teams put up...can someone explain to be in equivalent football terms what Connor Bedard is as a prospect? 😂

Not a HUGE hockey guy, but from what I’m reading he’s like a Luck, Lawrence, Manning type prospect.

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So pretty damn good then hahaha

yea, i would say the closest comparison would be the colts when they went from manning to luck. a team that was perennially great, then their star took a turn south, whether from age/injury, then the team had a V bad season where they lucked into having the #1 pick and a generational, no-brainer type prospect.

Bedard was called the next face of hockey when he was 13. He's only 17 now, but he'd immediately become the best player on the team, a top 20 player in the entire league, and would be the new face of the franchise for the next 10-15 years. in the immediate 1-2 hour aftermath of winning the draft lottery, the team sold something like 6.5 million in ticket revenue.

in his junior league this season, he had 143 points - next highest was 107 and that player played in 11 more games. he's just unreal good

• Like 3

On 5/9/2023 at 3:56 PM, Madmike90 said:

So as you can imagine with how across the Bears I am sometimes other Chicago teams pop up...can someone explain to be in equivalent football terms what Connor Bedard is as a prospect? 😂

You had me beat. I assumed he was a guy already on the team. Lol.

• Like 1

Son just hit his first over the fence home run on this mini-field. He asked if he got one over if he could get $20 during warm ups, I said sure but if you don't hit one you have dishes duty for 3 days.

First mother******* pitch of the entire game and he goes yard. So I'm doing dishes tomorrow AND I'm down $20. 🙄

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Son just hit his first over the fence home run on this mini-field. He asked if he got one over if he could get $20 during warm ups, I said sure but if you don't hit one you have dishes duty for 3 days.

First mother******* pitch of the entire game and he goes yard. So I'm doing dishes tomorrow AND I'm down $20. 🙄

Sounds like someone got hustled 🤔

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Mine hit his first one last year (11U)… the same game I told him we’d go to Oberweis if he did. He wasn’t even back to the dugout before it’s “ICE CREAM TIME BABYYYYYYYY!” 😂

BTW - 10000% worth it. Watching your kids succeed at sports is even better than succeeding at sports yourself. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

BTW - 10000% worth it. Watching your kids succeed at sports is even better than succeeding at sports yourself. 

Except when you're kid is playing track. It sucks watching that regardless of how well they do. Lol